Modern Wars: Volume I

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am in the midst of putting together some bootcamp scenarios for Modern Wars: Volume I and was thinking of instead of a series of Bootcamp scenarios, similar to that exist in the Campaign Series, how putting all the bootcamp/training in a Linked Campaign?

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Jason Petho

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Hi Jason,

I think it's kind of dead over here. Shame. This form use to have a solid Campaign Series following.:upset:

I already voted yes to your poll over at Matrix so I won't again.

Take Care!
Big Ivan

Mr RR

Recruit
Reaction score
Not sure that I care for the idea of bootcamp being a campaign.
What if you do not like to play campaigns and you need help with only certain aspects of the game?
Would you have to play through many parts of the campaign to get to the specific area of need?

Mr RR

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
One could always save the particular campaign scenario they are interested in playing from a SCL to a SCN file and still be able to play it solo without having to go through the campaign to play it.

Jason Petho

Mr RR

Recruit
Reaction score
It was the playing to the next level that had me perplexed.
If you can change an SCL to a SCN what would the purpose of the campaign be?
Plus, if they are made scenarios from the beginning players would not have to change the files at all?

Sounds like extra work for the developers and the players. Just saying, is all.

Mr RR

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sounds like extra work for the developers and the players. Just saying, is all.

Mr RR
Actually, no, it is less work for the developers in the long run and it declutters the scenario listing.

It would be up the player if they wished to convert the scenario, not the designer.

The designer would recommend playing the Campaign, as while the system is familiar, the game would require a new introduction to the various nuances, new abilities and weapons systems available.

Jason Petho

McIvan

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I think RR is right....the average N00b simply won't go to the trouble of getting to the area they need to revise....it's all or nothing, and people are unlikely to have the notion of saving individual tutorial campaign scenarios.

Could be wrong. However that tis my initial reaction.