MOCAT Movement Simulation Tool

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have set up a test unit file for your guys to load and test so you see how it works and how it can help keeping up with who is where at what time and how long it took to get there, etc.

DL and unzip the file to your MOCAT folder. Then start MOCAT and "File -> "Load Units" and browse to and select: mocat_unit_test2.uni. Make sure you Date/Time is set to September 29, 1985, 06:00 AM.

In the unit screen I have given it movement orders based on the terrain and move method, etc to a final point I want it to go during the "turn". These orders were given using the "Add wayp" button.

Make sure the unit is selected and go to "Tools -> Simulate Unit Movement". Go to the bottom center of the screen and hit the "Start" button. You should see the unit move across the screen, following the road AND the "Current Time" will tick off as the unit moves. You can adjust how often the movement updated from .01 to 100 second intervals. The unit should be in position at about 6:30AM.

Any loaded units that have movement orders for the time period set during that time frame will move at the same time based on speed and start times, etc.

IF we use MOCAT I can load everyone's orders for their units and with the click of a button see how and where they move so that I can determine who encounters what enemy and where.

There is also an enemy intel tool that can be used for providing teams with "enemy intel reports for units they have spotted.

Last edited:

John Osborne

Reaction score
Mike,

I have fix the problem with the "Edit Waypoint" There will be a patch out tonight. Guys I will start to monitor this forum for MOCAT bugs so that I can fix them and get a patch out ASAP.

JohnO

John Osborne

Reaction score
Tanker, you can go to my web site and download MOCAT from there. To do that go to the thread "MOCAT Download" and there will be a link to the site. Are you asking can it be use for a Combat Mission campaign? If that is the question, COCAT is what is being used, which is the same as MOCAT but for modern campaigns.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can it be used for a CM campaign?
Yes, with some editing, the equipment lists in particular can be edited (they are text files) as can the unit icons. The map is not so easy as it is hard coded in so needs to be changed manually by John.