Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Could you tell me abpout them?

1. Are they (well, there's only The Witches Cauldron, for now :p) more/less detailed than Gamers' TCS?

2. Is it worth it to buy The Devil's Cauldron when you have TCS games? You know, "I have a game about warfare in this scale, why shjould I need another" thinking.

3. What are your feelings with this game?

Keith Todd

Reaction score
Could you tell me abpout them?

1. Are they (well, there's only The Witches Cauldron, for now :p) more/less detailed than Gamers' TCS?

2. Is it worth it to buy The Devil's Cauldron when you have TCS games? You know, "I have a game about warfare in this scale, why shjould I need another" thinking.

3. What are your feelings with this game?
They are at two different scales, TDC 2 hour turns and TCS is 20 minutes.

TDC covers airlandings and airborne drops, TCS does not. TCS only covers the battle of Veghel, TDC covers the whole arena and eventually will cover the whole campaign.

To me the TDC system is easier to use. TDC is chit pull and TCS is I-GO U-GO. But TCS has the command system with orders sheets.

I enjoy both systems but when it comes down to being to able to game more of the situation, TDC does it in less time very well.

Keith

D.Saild

Recruit
Reaction score
MMPs Grand Tactical Series

I was a little disappointed all of season 4 wasnt offered as a BD set. I didnt buy 4.0 for this reason and now they have decided to only offer it as an import for now.
/

tailesin

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Re: MMPs Grand Tactical Series

I've been always interesed in games related to Market Garden operation and I'm very tempted by The Grand Tactical series version.

But I am discouraged by:

The price: both games are very expensive.
The "monster" concept: Is a Like and dislike area because I really like the great maps, the counters, the charts...but will never be able to mount them fully at home.
The realisation that probably I will never have the opportunity to play this game ftf.
That the first release is already sold out.

I would like to ask MMP to consider the possibility to sell a DVD or "cloud" version that you could download and use it to play via for example VASSL. Including rules, charts, and why not printable counters and maps and examples of play... If the price was correct, It would be a way to obtain profits of sold out or not sold out games and maintain a number of gamers ready for a new product of a series...

just my two cents,

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It really is a very nice system. TDC is out of print but the numbers are slowly rising for the reprint. Where eagles dare is still available. I concede that the games are expensive, especially for those of us who don't live in the US, but from a gaming perspective they are actually good value for money. Playing the campaign games is a serous undertaking both in terms of time and space, but there is ample gaming in the larger scenarios. The VASSAL module is the best module I have ever seen.

Paul