MMP version of the LFT Rat Pocket Charts in the pipeline?

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
"More than" is addition, not multiplication, Jim. Too much German rotting your English already? :p
Pull-ups aren't diapers but I wouldn't brag about wearing them any more than I would about knowing "more than" some other random dude on GS when it comes to running a business. :) -- jim

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Sadly, the math on that is not in his favor. Twice nothing is nothing and most people know nothing :) -- jim
As someone else has mentioned, it is an additive and not a multiplicative phenomenon....... Except for the members of MMP themselves, we are all on the outside looking in. It's just that some of us have more experience and background in things around running a business, albeit very few running a game company part time on the side while keeping up with a real job in the real world.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
My biggest problem with this is...
MMP prints -- sells out --- then waits 2-3-4 years to do a reprint.
Sounds like a slow down to me.

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steven, the pocket ASLRB are print on demand and we have been keeping them in stock on a regular basis. With this reprint, it has been out of print for a couple months since we have been working on updates. The pocket Chapter H and pocket Charts will be the same way, I do not see them being out of stock for any long period of time once they are released.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Steven, the pocket ASLRB are print on demand and we have been keeping them in stock on a regular basis. With this reprint, it has been out of print for a couple months since we have been working on updates. The pocket Chapter H and pocket Charts will be the same way, I do not see them being out of stock for any long period of time once they are released.
These are very positive news.

Are you in a position to comment on your ambitions in regards to keeping the core ASL modules in stock in the future?

(Sorry, any future full availability will not result in any major $$$ from me, I have bought most of the core modules at excessive prices on Ebay over the last 4 years and now have them all. I might pick up one or two for my second set of counters, though).

Last edited:

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think MMP has always wanted to keep as many core modules in stock as possible. There are business reasons/circumstances that prevent keeping every single module in stock all the time. Right now we have BV, CDG, and AOO in stock. FKAC should be out by the end of October. HL is planned for January, Rising Sun planned for early next year, and Yanks is planned for next year as well. I think that leaves DB and HP, which I'm not sure of right now. 7 of 9 looks pretty good to me.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I think MMP has always wanted to keep as many core modules in stock as possible. There are business reasons/circumstances that prevent keeping every single module in stock all the time. Right now we have BV, CDG, and AOO in stock. FKAC should be out by the end of October. HL is planned for January, Rising Sun planned for early next year, and Yanks is planned for next year as well. I think that leaves DB and HP, which I'm not sure of right now. 7 of 9 looks pretty good to me.
For sure it is notable, that MMP has been gearing up in the last couple of years - now flanked by making some OOP products available as electronic copies.

von Marwitz

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Great news when you get to 7 out of 9, which is not bad at all (assuming other modules have not gone out of print by then).

(When I started ASL 4 years ago, I got BV, HP at normal prices. I also got either Yanks or Rising Sun directly, I cannot remember which. Recently I got CDG (and FW which is not in your mail). The rest I had to get on Ebay, i.e. 5 out of 9 I had to buy at a premium. For AOO I had to pay €400, the rest were less).

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I recall reading about landing craft outfitted with smoke generators and large fans (no kidding) used during at least one landing (in the Med, maybe)? But nothing about LC with the equivalent of smoke dispensers. Would seem to make a lot of sense.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
I recall reading about landing craft outfitted with smoke generators and large fans (no kidding) used during at least one landing (in the Med, maybe)? But nothing about LC with the equivalent of smoke dispensers. Would seem to make a lot of sense.
Are you in the right thread, old chap? This thread is about pocket charts and MMP's stock of core modules.

There is an active discussion on smoke dispensers right now in another forum, though. :)

Hopefully, Joe Arthur reads this tread as well :) .

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's weird, I wondered where that post went? Somehow that got cross-posted. Sorry for the mixup.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Everybody is mixed up at some time or another. The trick is to not let it be habit-forming. (Someone teach me that one please!)

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for the explanation!
That does sound like a very good way of handling the need.
Except for maps, scenarios packs could be done in the same manner,
with no inventory problem for MMP.