MMP Updates

Jim McLeod

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
>So let me get this straight: either I have to go to a convention that MMP attends or buy another product to get my corrected board 42. That's outrageous! I think the mistake was done on purpose to force the bulk of players (who don't go to conventions) to have to buy more ASL stuff. It's a cheap, transparent ploy to move merchandise and I'm not going to do it. I think MMP should just flat out replace the board. None of this, we'll distribute a few here and a few there and if you happen to be lucky enough to be here or there then you'll get the fixed board. What a joke!

I can't tell if this is serious, if he is using heavy sarcasm or if it's a joke?
Jeff followed up with a post indicating he was responding in jest.

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"We are at the bottom of the barrel for Hollow Legions, finally. That will be put up on P# with the next batch...and WILL INCLUDE the North Africa materials. Any favorite OOP Annual/Journal Italian scenarios you'd like to see? Let us know..."

So this will be the West of Alamein reprint? (I was hoping for Code of Ho news, but this is cool too) And does this mean the new Hollow Legions will come with all the desert boards counters and overlays etc? Sounds like a pretty big box!

Now when are they going to find out where their For King and Countries disappeared to...I still don't have the British!
Hollow Legions will have the Italians, the desert maps, Italian Chapter H, scenarios (incl some OOP from other sources), Chapter <?> for North Africa (is that F? Can't recall...), desert overlays, half desert countersheet.

For King and Country. We are out of boxes, and I believe some of the mounted mapboards. Once we print the map bundle it'll be back, probably in ziplock format for a while, with the new style maps.

Gotta love our timing, Italians go OOP when we put out an Italian Action Pack. Not an ideal scenario by any stretch, but with Keith and Derek helping on layout we hope to get this and other backlogged stuff out faster...

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So let me get this straight: either I have to go to a convention that MMP attends or buy another product to get my corrected board 42. That's outrageous! I think the mistake was done on purpose to force the bulk of players (who don't go to conventions) to have to buy more ASL stuff. It's a cheap, transparent ploy to move merchandise and I'm not going to do it. I think MMP should just flat out replace the board. None of this, we'll distribute a few here and a few there and if you happen to be lucky enough to be here or there then you'll get the fixed board. What a joke!

Jeff
I know you are joking, Jeff, but we were reluctant to just say "call the office and we'll send you one!". Postage being what it is that would be quite a hit, esp. since many of our customers possibly will buy (I don't know, VOTG and J8, maybe?) so they'd get it that way.

And we didn't want to say "send us the bad one we'll send the new" as that would put a postage cost on you, the customer. That's not right either...

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
"Postage being what it is that would be quite a hit, esp. since many of our customers possibly will buy (I don't know, VOTG and J8, maybe?) so they'd get it that way."

I would say 95% of the people will order another ASL product from do not sweat it, I think your guys solved this admirably!

Peace

Roger

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I know you are joking, Jeff, but we were reluctant to just say "call the office and we'll send you one!". Postage being what it is that would be quite a hit, esp. since many of our customers possibly will buy (I don't know, VOTG and J8, maybe?) so they'd get it that way.

And we didn't want to say "send us the bad one we'll send the new" as that would put a postage cost on you, the customer. That's not right either...
So I have to buy more ASL stuff to get a corrected board? OK I guess so. :shy:

ScoobySnacks

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
My only request is to make those "new" OOP scenario's available ala the FKaC scenario pack, for those of us that have both HL and WOA. I'd like to purchase any OOP scenario reprints you add to HL.

Thanks for the update. Why don't you just canabalize the FKaC counters and sell them off as parts. The scenario's, chapter H and most maps are available already. It would end some of the complaining for the British OOB.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Psycho,

I also posted compliments about Brian's directness in the way he provided the update, not just the fact he provided some news.

Barber

Official Mila 18 Dork
Reaction score

Brian,

I think what you are doing is as close to right as you can get and afford. Individually replacing everything would kill you on postage.

Jus a thought, because you have the preorder list for AP3, and I'm sure nearly everyone that preordered AP3 also preordered VotG why couldn't you can just throw a corrected 42 in VotG box for those that got the wrong 42. Logistically it might be a bit of a problem but it would save including a bunch of corrected 42s in other products. Seems like a waste to just put them in products and have people get them for no obvious reason ("Huh, wonder why I got this board 42? Oh well").

I jokingly made that rant post figuring someone was going to do it seriously. So I thought I'd take the wind out of their sails.

Regardless, keep up the good work.

Jeff

P.S. Where's my VotG anyway?

:clown:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Psycho,

I also posted compliments about Brian's directness in the way he provided the update, not just the fact he provided some news.
Yeah, we got it. Here's your pat on the back for saying thank you. :thumup: That makes up for the 1 to 100 ratio of complaining. :icon_bs:

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So I have to buy more ASL stuff to get a corrected board? OK I guess so. :shy:
Yeah, you weren't going to buy any more ASL stuff, so ...

I'm 95% happy.... I just don't understand why Portal's stuff get's delievered with no "tire track" across the top. If you could do that, then I'd be 100% happy. :crosseye:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Yeah, you weren't going to buy any more ASL stuff, so ...

I'm 95% happy.... I just don't understand why Portal's stuff get's delievered with no "tire track" across the top. If you could do that, then I'd be 100% happy. :crosseye:
I can stop buying anytime I want! :angry:

I'll be happy when Portal talks about the times I've agreed with him instead of thinking I take every opportunity to bash him. :D

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whooo hooooo! It's a Portal Gang Bang!

Jump on fellas!!

:bite:

just kidding

one at a time please

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If I picked up my marbles and left, you'd be missing me 10 x whatever emotional attachment to Psycho's whining you might have had. :smoke:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
So let me get this straight: either I have to go to a convention that MMP attends or buy another product to get my corrected board 42. That's outrageous! I think the mistake was done on purpose to force the bulk of players (who don't go to conventions) to have to buy more ASL stuff. It's a cheap, transparent ploy to move merchandise and I'm not going to do it. I think MMP should just flat out replace the board. None of this, we'll distribute a few here and a few there and if you happen to be lucky enough to be here or there then you'll get the fixed board. What a joke!

Jeff

No, you boob, it's a plot to get you to go to conventions!

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I picked up my marbles and left, you'd be missing me 10 x whatever emotional attachment to Psycho's whining you might have had. :smoke:

I would miss you Marcus. You bring entertainment to my life. And that's really all I am in search of. :halo:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'll ask again... do you even pay attention when you type?

Yeah, I'm the whiner. :rolleyes:

When are you going to give me credit for not bashing you? You only point out when I do bash you. :upset: