MMP Updates 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As someone who has done an eASLRB, let me tell you it is frightfully difficult to produce and maintain. The amount of time and effort that goes into it is WAY more than you can imagine and since I don't distribute it, I don't have to worry about protecting it through some sort of digital copyright protection. I have literally spent man-years in doing it. I know at one point, MMP had a developer for the project but that person has since left. Finding another willing to do the work at the rate MMP can afford is probably difficult. I don't work for MMP so I don't have any real information on a timeline, but those are facts. At this point, I suppose you could call this project stalled. I know they still want to do it.
-- jim
Mucho respect for one who has completed this project, it is just not a scan and link effort, much more goes into it. The cross referencing links are mind boggling once you begin! I started mine years ago and its nowhere near finished. In fact, I cannot devote time to playing AND doing the ebook, its either one or the other!

MMP should bite the bullet, accept demo submissions, pick their favourite or post submission examples on their website for players to vote on. Make the 'winner' available for puchase and properly $$$ reward the individual or maybe group of players for their work! Sure, there would be some legal mumbojumbo with Hasborg to work out (isnt there always!). Given the pace of MMP production (not being critical as I realize MMP ppl have bill paying real jobs and families) I think this might be the best way to get a working product of this magnitude out the door in a timely manner.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
MMP should bite the bullet, accept demo submissions, pick their favourite or post submission examples on their website for players to vote on. Make the 'winner' available for puchase and properly $$$ reward the individual or maybe group of players for their work!
Yeah, I totally agree, there are enough electronic rulebooks out there that they could do this

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Saw where FKaC hit 700 on the pre-order list (Needed 550 to get reprinted).

My preorder turns 2 years old in two months...officially a toddler!

Just happy that things are indeed moving and very happy of the support ASL & SK receives from MMP.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Would be nice to see a new MMP update. Status on the Journal, HASLs and WO would be nice??
Yes, it's well due. On many things besides those three things and the map pack. Glad you brought it up. I've been waiting for someone else to do it.

Is it time for me to complain again?

Last time I did -- earlier in this very thread and allegedly in a notorious manner to many but the critical thinker and truthsayer Mark Pitcavage -- they posted a schedule of sorts a few days later on January 26th, 2020:

https://www.multimanpublishing.com/News/tabid/82/Default.aspx

Hence my silence since.

In all fairness they've been doing much better at keeping us informed about completed items, and the 'actually produced' list is up to date (on the left), which is gratifying to see, sort of.

And of course COVID needs to be taken into account; I'm certainly happy they haven't gone out of business.

Still, this was a rather slim commitment on their part back in January, without any sort of scheduling, just sometime, they reckon, they will get around to these things in 2020. Not the greatest, but it was something.

Yes, I think another -- more precise, more complete -- update on their official website would be in the general interest of their customers. ASL ones in particular, of course!

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It would be great to get an update on the Journal, I'm looking forward to that

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
With coved 45 pandemic, it will be tough for MMPto really do much for now. So be patient and I bet next year will be a land fall of cool products.
Aye.

I wish the best to you US-guys as you struck especially hard by that damned Covid-shite. ?
Most important thing is to get through this healthy.

Cheers,
von Marwitz

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Aye.

I wish the best to you US-guys as you struck especially hard by that damned Covid-shite. ?
Most important thing is to get through this healthy.

Cheers,
von Marwitz
Yeah, wishing all the best to everyone in America, stay safe

we've not been nhit so hard here in Scotland compared to some but I worry there'sw going to be a second wave

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah, wishing all the best to everyone in America, stay safe

we've not been nhit so hard here in Scotland compared to some but I worry there'sw going to be a second wave
Second Wave -- I don't us in England have gotten through the 1st wave!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I sure hope the advertisements and information supplied for new products from the MMP site don't follow the new SKEP2 format. One can find more information and reasons to purchase a product on one of their competitor's sites that is known to provide little to sparse information on their releases/projected-releases at all; This current style provides less than that [Not providing a very good motive to purchase the product at all].

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I sure hope the advertisements and information supplied for new products from the MMP site don't follow the new SKEP2 format. One can find more information and reasons to purchase a product on one of their competitor's sites that is known to provide little to sparse information on their releases/projected-releases at all; This current style provides less than that [Not providing a very good motive to purchase the product at all].
Just buy the thing and play! 14669

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
From me: the content below is not from me; it is from someone on FaceBook. I do not know how accurate it is.

This was buried in another thread - moved most of it to here.
VERY ASL-centric, many acronyms for game titles if you don't know what they are feel free to ask. I'll try to be more possibly-non-ASL robust next time.
FKAC is in production now (paid for the counters already so it damn well better be!) and is slated, I BELIEVE, for delivery after SCS Iron Curtain and three ASL "Action Pack" type products..
As we said at the beginning of the year, pre-covid, there was going to be a time when we had a mini-surge of non-ASL to get out the door. We are in that time right now. Last Stand, Ariete, and Rostov have shipped, Iron Curtain begins shipping next week and will probably take two weeks.
Wait, WHAT? What "ASL Action Pack-like Products?"

Swedish Volunteers, I believe 16 scenarios and a half-countersheet of, well, Swedish Volunteer OB. Its not just a clever name.
?
This will be WEBSITE ONLY and not available to retailers as we've had the counters for some time as part of a "fill in" run and have a limited edition. THIS PRODUCT WILL BE REPRINTED IF IT GOES OOP, but in a few weeks we will have what we have. This of course means there would be a (possibly VERY) lengthy gap between availability. Just saying. You know the motto, get it while you can.
The second is "Best of Friends 2" - 1 map, 12 scenarios. This will just be available (shortly) - no preorder. It will be sold at a discount from retail for a 30 day period to simulate a change to preorder - but we had something to be printed and it had to be done...Hopefully people want it.
The third is called "Roma 2020" this is a tournament pack from a tournament in.... Rome.
?
They'll have some to sell and we won't be selling any until it starts (I believe?) so in a few weeks this should also be available. It will also have a 30 day reduced price, and no preorder - just gonna be ready.
THEN we expect FKAC (in production now) to actually be done. It has a lot of stuff, it takes longer. We're guessing it'll be ready about then.
Last I heard (yesterday) the eASLRB was "like done" just being proofed some more. And once that "like done" is done then we'll have the pocket ASLRB, some charts for the pocket set, and the pocket Chapter H all ready to go as well. With, AFAIK, errata (at least the vast majority of it) incorporated into the rulebook.

For what its worth, I (personally) am not that hung up on the proofing, we're not finding major issues at all, and being sold through Wargame Vault means we can fix things and push out updates easily enough - so they're not really going to be a crisis should something happen. But we want it as clean as possible for the pocket set.
(Please allow me a second to gush over the usefulness of the pocket Chapter H - sits by my Mac and has been constantly used for designing scenarios, an amazing resource. so cool.).
Part of the earlier push to put stuff on WV was to test out and see how this all worked as we had no experience with it. And I believe ASL has been their top seller since we put the Annuals, Journals, etc. up there. It certainly was for a few months (Scott has all those numbers and he's not here).
We're also working on Hollow Legions which is still on target for Winter Offensive 2021. January 14th - 18th. WE HOPE. (Paper work is in with hotel/conf center, but who really knows with COVID?) Either way we'd expect Hollow Legions will be out in January of 2021.
YES, this does not address the Gamers, GTS, IGS, GCACW, Special Ops, and anything else I'm missing - it doesn't mean they are not being worked on! In fact most have something "on the verge" to the point Chas Argent and Perry Cocke are pulling their (admittedly grey) hair out while Scott Blanton cheers on the production rush.

Last edited:

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
So, MMP, get this published on your website already in a cohesive and logical manner. For example:

Product Release Date
Swed Vol October 2020
eASLRB November 2020

etc. etc....

(edit -- Thanks to Michael for digging this up but for gosh sakes why should he or any of us have to dig around in the dungeons of Fakebook to get this information? Get it on the website. You guys have a news web page for this kind of news, right? right!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.