MMP Staff : will VOTG and Few Returned come out in July?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Valor of the Guards was announced for July (and Few Returned, being printed at the same time, would come out too).
June is about to end.
What news?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Yes, indeed, and also, what about some news on Code of Bushido? Or West of Alamein?
There is no production date scheduled, no preorder.
It would be better that this thread sticked to VOTG/FR.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Frankly, I'll be happy if they both are out in 2007, wouldn't that make for a great last half of the "ASL year"..:nuts:

I saw on CSW that MMP got a large delivery of stuff, but nothing to build anyone one game.

We shall see.

Peace

Roger

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I saw on CSW that MMP got a large delivery of stuff, but nothing to build anyone one game.
I think we'll find those parts were for Talavera, Red Storm Rising and South Mountain. I'd wager VotG and Few Returned are next in the queue in the next batch of games.

I don't think the preorder system allows for a traditional printing schedule along the likes of The Gamers old quarterly schedule; you see more fits and starts with periods of intense activity and doldrums.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Cheers, Robin. I definitely think customers with VoTG and FR on pre-order deserve an update.

Edvard

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
You're all a bunch of selfish ASL-so-and-so-s! I want my Talavera, and I want it NOW!!!!

- resounding silence in response to this thread from the MMPeople so far -

Squaddie

Reaction score
Country
ll
But Squaddie you have already got COB! Is it that old habits die hard? ;)
Indeed they do... and yes, I finally have COB thanks to your valued help oh mighty Honza! But I'd still buy the new version when it comes out. And I haven't forgotten those YEARS & YEARS of waiting and searching for a decent copy of CoB at a reasonable price.

I know there are hundreds (if not thousands), of ASL players out there who are missing and wanting CoB and WoA, unwilling to pay the vastly inflated prices on Ebay. And there should be no reason why they should.

ScoobySnacks

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
We can make some educated guesses. VOTG will not be ready for origins because we don't see Journal 2 on pre order and they were still working on the proofs for the counters a week or two ago. Proofs for another batch of maps was just worked on last week, so we know the map bundle will probably not be ready. AP3 and DB are a possibility. AP3 would be tight because scenario proofing was only done a few weeks ago, not sure the turnaround on scenario printing.
We should see VOTG by the end of the summer and the map bundle by the end of the year. Journal 8 should and Journal 2 could be available in between.
If I was MMP the top priority would be Devil's Cauldron for obvious reasons. For ASL it would be AP3 due to its simplicity.

Last edited:

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know nothing about VotG and FR, but Brian did say on ConsimWorld today that he thought the Map Bundle would be out this year.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We can make some educated guesses. VOTG will not be ready for origins because we don't see Journal 2 on pre order and they were still working on the proofs for the counters a week or two ago. Proofs for another batch of maps was just worked on last week, so we know the map bundle will probably not be ready. AP3 and DB are a possibility. AP3 would be tight because scenario proofing was only done a few weeks ago, not sure the turnaround on scenario printing.
We should see VOTG by the end of the summer and the map bundle by the end of the year. Journal 8 should and Journal 2 could be available in between.
If I was MMP the top priority would be Devil's Cauldron for obvious reasons. For ASL it would be AP3 due to its simplicity.
Too, Case Blue, will likely sneak in before VotG/FR...