MMP Shipping rates

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi Folks

Anyone knows what is the shipping rate for Korea module is within USA, in my case Florida?

I have a shipping charge on USD 56.90 and feels a bit high? Possibly a miscalculation as my billing address is in Europe?

/S

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
It is
Hi Folks

Anyone knows what is the shipping rate for Korea module is within USA, in my case Florida?

I have a shipping charge on USD 56.90 and feels a bit high? Possibly a miscalculation as my billing address is in Europe?

/S
Probably high because your address is in Europe....and probably not a miscalculation. It ain't cheap going to the US either, but probably not as high as to Europe.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since your billing address is in Europe you'll probably still have to pay duties & penalties as you are trying to circumvent U.S. law by having it shipped within the United States. However, you may be able to work things out between MMP & yourself, I seriously doubt working with the UPS will garner many positive results but of course I've been mistaken before.

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Well my brother lives there and I will pick it up when i get there.

50+ usd to Florida still feels expensive

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Well my brother lives there and I will pick it up when i get there.

50+ usd to Florida still feels expensive
Shipping for 2x FW was $23.95 to Wyoming.

As others have mentioned, very possibly involved with a billing address in Europe?

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Shipping to Australia is expensive too - it's a distance thing, and going cheaper by surface isn't an option anymore. That's just how it is.

Reactions: Abe

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Shipping to Australia is expensive too - it's a distance thing, and going cheaper by surface isn't an option anymore. That's just how it is.
The distance from a given location in the US to a given location in Europe is identical vice versa.
Yet, shipping from the US to Europe is much more expensive.

So it is partly - if not mainly for US to Europe - a greed thing of the postal service companies (that MMP can nothing against).

Surface might still be an option. If you have patience. And for sure, if you are shipping bulk. A German retailer for ASL stuff does it and it cuts down on cost greatly: Non-preorder price via that way is lower than pre-order price directly from the US.

von Marwitz

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Shipping for 2x FW was $23.95 to Wyoming.

As others have mentioned, very possibly involved with a billing address in Europe?
I think 23.95 for two copies to Wyoming is expensive. Shipping costs are the main reason I have stopped pre-ordering from MMP. You just do not save much money in the end. With online shops giving cheaper shipping (free in some cases, if you order enough stuff) and discounted prices, I go that route. I am past the "I need to have it RIGHT NOW!" :) Now if I think a product that I want might not make the cut, I will pre-order.

Peace

Roger

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I think 23.95 for two copies to Wyoming is expensive. Shipping costs are the main reason I have stopped pre-ordering from MMP. You just do not save much money in the end. With online shops giving cheaper shipping (free in some cases, if you order enough stuff) and discounted prices, I go that route. I am past the "I need to have it RIGHT NOW!" :) Now if I think a product that I want might not make the cut, I will pre-order.

Peace

Roger
Yeah, there is wisdom to what you say.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Since your billing address is in Europe you'll probably still have to pay duties & penalties as you are trying to circumvent U.S. law by having it shipped within the United States.
Is it illegal in the U.S. to order something and have it shipped to a U.S. address and have the invoice sent to an address outside of the country?

Also, I doubt the MMP shipping calculator adds anything for duties, etc. - those are usually incurred upon arrival in Europe - if the customs people are alert - fortunately, in Sweden, they usually are not (at least in my experience). :)

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Peace

Roger
Dude, in my paradise, shipping costs 23.95 for 2 copies.

I have pretty much stopped all shipping from the US (shipping cost ain't a MMP thing). Preorder prices can't make up the difference. Korea is the last bulk purchase I am making since shipping for a dozen doesn't make a real dent esp since they come in 4 in a box anyway. I will get mine when pre order people get theirs + 6 months when the local store gets around to it.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Dude, in my paradise, shipping costs 23.95 for 2 copies.

I have pretty much stopped all shipping from the US (shipping cost ain't a MMP thing). Preorder prices can't make up the difference. Korea is the last bulk purchase I am making since shipping for a dozen doesn't make a real dent esp since they come in 4 in a box anyway. I will get mine when pre order people get theirs + 6 months when the local store gets around to it.
Hello

Non US customers are screwed on all levels.

Peace

Roger

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why would we collect duty and taxes imposed on you by your government? That doesn't even make sense.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Why would we collect duty and taxes imposed on you by your government? That doesn't even make sense.
It's a mutual government thing. You stop people circumventing our taxes and we will do the same for people trying to circumvent yours.
Of course what the OP is best doing is getting his brother to order direct from MMP and that way the billing and shipping adresses will both be in the US.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
There are retailers in France and Germany which do sell the game cheaper than when one orders from the USA - if one can be patient enough to wait some months more.
As I am in Switzerland, where no such retailers exist and which is not part of the EU, I will go on ordering directly my games from MMP.
In addition, duties will tax me about 20$ plus 7% of the game's price (shipping included in the price).
Contrary to Sweden, they very rarely miss my purchases.
That's life.

ASLurker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Little late to this, but MMP shipping even within the US is expensive (for slowwww ground shipping). But also packed extremely well. Pretty sure the box I got from them containing Forgotten War could have been dropped from a passing plane and been fine.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
There are retailers in France and Germany which do sell the game cheaper than when one orders from the USA - if one can be patient enough to wait some months more.
The patience part is becoming less of an issue these days, I think. I got my FW yesterday while until a few years ago I would have expected to wait well into March or even April. Some will be due to MMP finishing pre-orders quicker and some due to retailers rolling snake eyes on snagless shipping and quick customs clearance. Indeed the much higher postal charges to individuals has had some effect in reducing pre-orders which likely means retailers get theirs quicker which means that pre-ordering loses more of its appeal.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anytime I have ordered from Europe or Asia the shipping cost has not seems too bad nor has it taken all that long to get to my house, however, from what I have heard it does not work the same way if it is going to Europe or anywhere out of the country.