Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Hams said:
Some extracts from conversations with my wife this week...
That sounds word for word like the conversation I had with my CFO too :laugh: Similiar order placed as well :) -- jim

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let's just hope that the clearance results in fuller collections rather than someone hoarding loads of Journals for sale on ebay in years to come. The prospect of all the J's going for what J2 now commands is a problem that we as gamers should consider by not hoarding. But yes, I did take advantage of the sale to replace a couple damaged items.

Pfc TAZ

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Country
llUnited States
Good Point!

Bryan Holtby said:
It would be nice if the scenarios out of the Journals were reprinted as 'J3 Scenario pack' or some such thing for the new players entering the game, or even throw them up on the net in PDF format on occasion.We dont expect MMP to keep hundreds of copies of every product ever released on hand, but it seems to me that keeping the scenarios alive makes sense. They are inexpensive to produce/purchase and dont take up much space :D
Has MMP ever looked into doing digital downloads for OOP journals? You could charge $20-25 a journal. I don't know what the state of copyright abilites are with that technology. But, it may be feasible and reduce the need to carry physical inventory. I've bought some other books that way.

Just a thought.

paulkenny

Reaction score
Sounds like another excuse to not finish AoO to me! :p :laugh: :laugh:

griffitz62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well wasn't that a great deal! Fortunately for me, my birthday is right before Christmas so my wife can't give me a hard time about the order I just placed. Wow, 4 modules and 2 journals for under $100. After what I've spent in the last few months finding and buying all of the core modules, this was like a walk in the park for my budget.

loosetiger

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is a good day!!! Been waiting quite a while to purchase BRT and ABTF. Thought it better to spend my disposable cash on some of those hard to find TPP. Well at $20 a pop I am not waiting any longer and even splurged on unmounted boards 48,49,50,51 and 52 and will mate those with some rogue and worn boards I have in reserve. Got the wifes blessing when I pointed out the killer sale! The ladies love a good sale!

Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I already have all of the material on sale and I really do not need more copies of what is being offered so I think its best not to horde it an let people who need it get it at these great prices ;)

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I am tempted to get some of that stuff, even though I don't really need it, but I think I will hold back so that some people who don't have the items yet may be tempted to get them.

With regard to keeping stuff in print, perhaps it is because so many ASLers play few or no other wargames, but I see this sort of complaint/lament all the time (why is KGP not being kept in print, is MMP going out of business, why don't they reprint Journal #2, etc.), when in fact there are very few wargames (much less supplements) that are kept in print all the time. MMP actually makes a greater commitment to that sort of thing than most other wargame companies.

paulkenny

Reaction score
personally I think MMP has to concentrate on core modules over non-core modules,

After AoO that is.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
byouse said:
Our goal is to emerge from our current state with the core modules (ie., the game) available. We dont' worry if someone can't get KGPI 15 years down the road, it's a game, it's not part of the core system.
How does MMP feel about the overlays in non-core modules, such as the ones from AP2? Are the plans to keep them in print in some other product?

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Brian:

AP2 has two boards plus overlays. What'll most likely happen is they'll get folded into another product. Board 42-43 (AP1) will be in for a similar treatment. That's set in wet cement right now. ;)

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OVHS, OWHS, ABTF Oh my!

And using these nifty acronyms... the wife will think its something automotive! :devious: muhahahaha

Now all I have to do is make sure I get to the package first...

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sgt. Przybylo said:
OVHS, OWHS, ABTF Oh my!

And using these nifty acronyms... the wife will think its something automotive! :devious: muhahahaha

Now all I have to do is make sure I get to the package first...
Jeff this is unrelated to this thread, but do you play ASL with any guys in Windsor or from Windsor?

cujo8-1

The Earl of Burgundy
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I ordered Blood Reef Tarawa and KP II. Merry Christmas to me! :joy:

Now I only need the second edtion rulebook and AOO and my collection is as complete as I want it to be.