MMP Sale

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just completed an order for $140. $8 for Out of the Attic and $20 for A Bridge Too Far (extra goodies, black SS counters) is just sick.

Also, had to order another Operation Veritable as we're going to be playing it soon. This looks like the coolest HASL module I've seen seen Red Barricades.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Journal #3 with 30 scenarios for $10? Action Pack #2 for $10? Wow! This is like a dream come true. I've already got part of my Xmas shopping completed.

Pfc TAZ

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Country
llUnited States
Score!

Now I have to intercept the CC bill before the wife sees it...

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BOARDS too

For those looking for mounted boards, keep your eye out on this site. Brian said that later today the boards will go on sale.

Keith

Bob Sacamano

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
what timing

i haven't been involved in ASL since 98. just got back into it and was thinking of buying some of the "new" stuff. just had to grab 1

Action Pack #2
ASL Journal 3
A GI's Dozen
Blood Reef: Tarawa
A Bridge Too Far

couldn't pass it up. the old lady is gonna S***!!!
thanks for the heads up fellas.

GJK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't even play most of the stuff, but:

Action Pack #2
ASL Journal #3
Out of the Attic #1
Pegasus Bridge
Kampfgruppe Peiper II

for about the same costs as a single module seemed too good to pass up. My 'early Christmas' stuff to add to my other 'earlier Christmas' stuff. The wife thinks I've completely lost it now. :D

DLYoung70

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am I the only one genuinely concerned that MMP explicitly states about these items (which includes it's entire inventory of HASL and Journals) that "They will be out of print shortly, and we have no itention of reprinting them any time soon, if at all."

Once they get rid of all this stuff, all they'll have in stock is whatever core modules are not already OOP (about 1/3 and climbing), whatever HS's don't get gobbled up in the sale, and the latest Journal.

We're talking about a company who does great work and puts out amazing products... but their one failing seems to be keeping the line available. And now they're pushing about half of it into OOP status in a matter of weeks? And why is this sale almost exclusively ASL stuff... don't other products take up warehouse space too?

If I see the core mods for "clearance" sale in the next few days, I would have to seriously wonder if they even intend to produce the line anymore. If it's only a hundred or so of each product listed, they can be moved in one small moving truck, or a handful of trips in an SUV. Do they even have a new storage facility lined up? I know I tend to be a pessimist regarding MMP's ability to keep things available, but this sure smells like a "going out of business sale".

Darrell

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DLYoung70 said:
Am I the only one genuinely concerned that MMP explicitly states about these items (which includes it's entire inventory of HASL and Journals) that "They will be out of print shortly, and we have no itention of reprinting them any time soon, if at all."

Once they get rid of all this stuff, all they'll have in stock is whatever core modules are not already OOP (about 1/3 and climbing), whatever HS's don't get gobbled up in the sale, and the latest Journal.

We're talking about a company who does great work and puts out amazing products... but their one failing seems to be keeping the line available. And now they're pushing about half of it into OOP status in a matter of weeks? And why is this sale almost exclusively ASL stuff... don't other products take up warehouse space too?

If I see the core mods for "clearance" sale in the next few days, I would have to seriously wonder if they even intend to produce the line anymore. If it's only a hundred or so of each product listed, they can be moved in one small moving truck, or a handful of trips in an SUV. Do they even have a new storage facility lined up? I know I tend to be a pessimist regarding MMP's ability to keep things available, but this sure smells like a "going out of business sale".

Darrell
Was it not just a few weeks ago they put up many of the Gamers' stuff on sale? Yes.

This is not just an ASL sale.

Keith

Capt Harlock

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi,

OVHS is an excellent module and highly recommended. I personally wish I had more time to play it. Of course these are very unfortunate circumstances for MMP IE being forced to move to another location. Here’s wishing the most elite and best war gaming company well in their new location! Next year I am most certain will be a smashing year for MMP and ASL.

Mitch

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, Brian Y here.

I was wondering how long it'd take for the GOOB rumors to occur.

We are not going out of business. We are being forced to relocate our warehouse. Great time to have a sale and blow out what isn't moving.

Darrell says "one failing seems to be keeping the line available."

We have no intention (that i'm aware of) in keeping "the line" available. There is no reason to. Our goal is to emerge from our current state with the core modules (ie., the game) available. We dont' worry if someone can't get KGPI 15 years down the road, it's a game, it's not part of the core system. I worry alot about BV and the ASLRB, like what happens if we run out of them in 8 months again. I've already nudged our printrun up another 500 due to being a bit nervous about this.

You are not going to see core modules on "clearance" sale. Well, maybe Yanks because we have so stinking many of them.

"And why is this sale almost exclusively ASL stuff... don't other products take up warehouse space too?"

Yup, just started listing ASL stuff because that is what we have the most of.

You probably are not going to see the Gamers stuff which we just had on sale, unless we reoffer it at the price we did before, because I'd rather not piss off those customers by offering another sale so close to that one. This one really is unexpected, and unprepared for, and totally necessary (regardless what anyone chooses to believe).

Brian

DLYoung70

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Brian,

I did not know about the recent Gamer's sale... I guess I need to go to MMP's site more often. Given what I saw on the page, I hope you can see how it looks a little unbalanced.

And while I disagree about the importance of keeping items available (I would like to see HASL's, HS's, Journals, etc. always available as long as there is a market for them... but maybe there's not one), I am happy to hear that there is every intention to keep and/or make the core modules available... that should always be priority #1.

I apologize for being alarmist, but you did say you expected it *lol*. I hope there comes a day when all core modules are available, without exception. We all know (well, except for one of us who shall remain nameless) that it's a difficult business to be in, and maintaining that balance between keeping customers happy and avoiding going broke is a fine line. Good luck. I'll shush now :nuts:

Darrell

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It would be nice if the scenarios out of the Journals were reprinted as 'J3 Scenario pack' or some such thing for the new players entering the game, or even throw them up on the net in PDF format on occasion.We dont expect MMP to keep hundreds of copies of every product ever released on hand, but it seems to me that keeping the scenarios alive makes sense. They are inexpensive to produce/purchase and dont take up much space :D

ross

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OVHS & OWHS recommended

These are amazing prices; get it all while you can.

For those of you hesitant about the two HSASLs--OVHS and OWHS--I gotta say from personal playing experience that both are highly recommended. I've played all of the scenarios in OWHS (the Guadalcanal HS), and am currently in the final CG Date for the Edson's Ridge CG. This CG is incredible, especially since it features the Japanese and Marines going toe to toe at night for several of the CG Dates. With a few exceptions, the scenarios are extremely fun to play. For the newer OVHS (Veritable HS) I've only played three of the scenarios (but Got Milk! is a classic), and am currently just starting the 19N CG Date in the Riley's Road CG. This is yet another excellent CG and it has a slightly different flavor due to the wide open spaces on the map.

Hams

Reaction score
Country
ll
Doh!

Some extracts from conversations with my wife this week...

[Tuesday] On winning a copy of Code of Bushido on eBay and deceiding to go with For King and Country over West of Alamein.
Me: "I've bought all the ASL items I need from eBay with the exception of a couple of Annuals, everything else I need is in print"

[Friday] On seeing the sale
Me: "umm, remember what I said on Tuesday, well... MMP (tries to shift the blame!) have just reduced a load of ASL items which have limited stock left..."
My wife: "Why don't you just order them then?"

... the result!

Copies of A GI's Dozen, Action Pack #2, Out of the Attic #1, Blood Reef Tarawa, A Bridge to Far, Kampfgruppe Peiper II, Operation Veritable and Operation Watchtower ordered!