MMP put their Deluxe modules, overlays & all DASL scenarios on preorder!

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Do I need more maps? I don't. More maps that I already own a copy of? I don't.
Do I need more scenarios? I don't. More scenarios that I (mostly) already own a copy of? I don't.

I mean, come on! I mostly play on VASL, and of my FtF opportunities, most involve some travel by train...

Will I order this? Most likely, yeah. Just not direct from the MMP site - I'll wait either until it's available from a Euro online store, or until one of them (from past experience, most likely UGG) offers the preorder.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Do I need more maps? I don't. More maps that I already own a copy of? I don't.
Do I need more scenarios? I don't. More scenarios that I (mostly) already own a copy of? I don't.

I mean, come on! I mostly play on VASL, and of my FtF opportunities, most involve some travel by train...

Will I order this? Most likely, yeah. Just not direct from the MMP site - I'll wait either until it's available from a Euro online store, or until one of them (from past experience, most likely UGG) offers the preorder.
Yeah. I’ll order mine later with reasonable to no shipping.

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Over my short, happy ASL career, I made a conscious choice not to bother with Deluxe. One's got to draw the line somewhere and it was out of print, etc. But the couple of Deluxe games I've played have been fun so now I'm tempted to clog my shelves with yet more ASL gear.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As George Bates aptly put it on Consimworld this morning:
I love and hate you people, you know that?
I hear ya, George!

As Philippe said:
I love the concept, but I'm pained to think of VASLizing these new maps and overlays. The WO Bonus Pack #9 DASL maps were a challenge to do because of the textures that Charlie applied to Open Ground, both in the open and around the roads, and also on the Hill crestlines. After some mucking about, I basically punted and didn't recreate the originals as much as one might like. On the other hand, that provides some nice encouragement to go out and actually buy and play on the originals, cuz daaaang they're pretty :)

I took pains to VASLize the original DASL maps with enough colors to pay tribute to how awesome they looked, but Charlie's new style is tough to VASLize. And if he follows the practice that he did when he redid all the boards in SK style, there will be subtle changes in each hex that will essentially make players choose between using v1 or v2 of the boards.

None of this is a bad thing. Unless you're the Map Elf who has to bring these beauties to the ravening masses.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
I am very interested but shipping and handling amount to 51.50 dollars (for europe) - nearly as expensive as the pack !

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It somehow does make sense to get the stuff. Mainly for the switch from mounted boards to SK-style boards. And for the mis-sized original overlays on the back of ASL Annual 1995 IIRC.

With SK-style Deluxe boards you don't have the compatibility issues with later published DASL maps by MMP or BFP.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It would be great to have these lightweight maps instead of carrying the heavy mounted ones to game day. Lots of good scenarios in the list. Would be interesting to see balance changes for To the Last Man.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will MMP post the scenario changes to their website like they have with previous revised products?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I will buy it for the new style boards. The size of the deluxe board have always discouraged me from bringing them to tournaments.