MMP Production Schedule?

Moly

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Apologies if this is/has been discussed in another folder.
Can anyone comment (with some authority) on the upcoming production plans for MMP? What is in the pipe for after AoO? I am especially curious about reprints of BV, RB and DB.

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Module from Oblivion is next (AoO), rulebook reprint after that. AoO was due in the spring, but its almost summer, so think fall or winter...pick your year.

RB isnt scheduled for a reprint but another Stalingrad CG module, Valour of the Guards, is coming. There is another thread somewhere stating the schedule.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The publishing schedule looks pretty much like this:

Gamers game
Gamers game
Other game
AOO promised
Gamers game
Gamers game
AOO promised again
Non-Gamers Non-ASL game
rinse, lather, repeat

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh comon Mark;
So what if MMP does not comeout with AoO this year other then a 2nd ASLSK which might have Axis Minor Guns, or a Journal, AoO will be out eventually, but in the meantime there is tons of ASL stuff out there to play.

Scott

Mark Opines:
pitman said:

Gamers game
Gamers game
Other game
AOO promised
Gamers game
Gamers game
AOO promised again
Non-Gamers Non-ASL game
rinse, lather, repeat

Gen. blunder

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
CPL ScottH said:
Oh comon Mark;
but in the meantime there is tons of ASL stuff out there to play.
Well then why bother producing other ASL products .

Don't make me wrong i really think that the gamers has produced great games, hey an operational game on the Korean war, that's good, exploring post WW2 action in the OCS format and those fun looking airplane counter's great.
But what then .
I don't see any projects concerning the standard combat series (their is a lot you can do in the 'simple' type of game range of products , (Yom Kippur Operation Michael, Afrika , lovely games) and if if the new policy of the gamers is to reprint out of print products well that's to bad, no more innovation.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pitman said:
Gamers game
Gamers game
Other game
AOO promised
Gamers game
Gamers game
AOO promised again
Non-Gamers Non-ASL game
rinse, lather, repeat
This is a bit of a reach. MMP has never produced product at the rate this suggests, be it ASL or TGs.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
actually, I think it's really funny that along with the rest of the fellow ASLers how eagerly we hinge on the next module. Some of us have been with this system since its inception back in 1977 and are waiting with baiting breath to put closure on the system.

Quite honestly, there are over 2000 or more odd scenarios for this product floating around. That would mean I would need several lifetimes to play each scenario once. When you consider that the fundamental core products are essentially complete then all we are really after is more boards and having the most complete set tools out there.

Yet, when consider that VASL has made acquiring all of these components nearly pointless as the requiset now is in obtaining the rules sets and notes? That said, I do find the historical modules and studies to be something to really look forward to and given the wide breadth of material and scale of actions there will be countless treatments for a long time.

Perhaps we are all just obsessive collectors, I know when Ballantines published those WW2 monographs back in the early 70s that I was hooked. Problem was that I was only able to get a hold of a dozen of these books. Now thanks to eBay, I was able to fully complete the series all 160 odd books covering battles, leaders, weapons etc.

Thanks God for the Internet and ecommerce!! :lol:

cheers

John

Stransky: I said, where is your platoon Sgt Steiner?!!
Steiner: you sir, are my platoon.

Gen. blunder

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Gamers game
Gamers game
Other game
AOO promised
Gamers game
Gamers game
AOO promised again
Non-Gamers Non-ASL game
rinse, lather, repeat

Wo ,
so many gamers module to be published , with that schedule all the out of print gamers will be produced in the time span of one year
Should we hope a reedition of the gamers modern tactical warfare module just kidding :lol: :lol: :lo

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
strange

ya know,

I used be all white, suburbanite and uptight over ASL, but then I stepped back and said, whoa, MMP is actually doing a way better job then Avalon hill. At we are seening a product on ASL, back in the AH day, it might be two years befor anything knew came out other then a general scenario.

so relax and enjoy a little Guerra Civil—The Spanish Civil War while you wait for the real axis doods to show up.

Scott

Countertroll

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SCS

General Disaster, there is indeed some SCS on the horizon, and it is a whopper. Check out Consim for details. War In Europe, or some such thing. I forget the title, and may have confused it with another, but there is SCS in the pipeline. Hopefully it will see print before AoO, because I like to poke fun at Mark P. I know, a bad habit but that is what makes people people.

Countertroll

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SCS

Sorry, the new SCS is The Mighty Endevor. Here is what Dean posted on Consimworld today about is:
"Hey Guys!

Target date for getting TME on PXXX is June 30th...time between now and then will be applied to getting it in condition to go to the printer July 1st, when it makes its number "

So it looks like SCS is alive and well.

Harold

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: SCS

countertroll said:
Sorry, the new SCS is The Mighty Endevor. Here is what Dean posted on Consimworld today about is:
"Hey Guys!

Target date for getting TME on PXXX is June 30th...time between now and then will be applied to getting it in condition to go to the printer July 1st, when it makes its number "

So it looks like SCS is alive and well.
Put me in line. The picture of the playtest map that's at Consimworld sold me. The only question is how far down the P# ladder I will be.

As for AoO I'm patient. Got to play a bunch of Schwerpunkt's at Seattle Washington's annual ASL gathering at Enfilade. Norway in Half, Stryker's Charge, The Sawmill and Stryker's Charge were the four. All pretty quick and fun.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Hey Guys!

Cool, but it doesn't appear to be anywhere on the P list at this moment.

Sam "Got my DAK 2 and I'm happy" Belcher

Countertroll

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TME

Sam, it is not on the P# list yet because Dean said the target to list it was June 30th. That is still a bit off.

Kenn

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
countertroll wrote:
"Hey Guys!

I read this as meaning that Dean expected this to hit its P# on July 1st. Since its not on the list, I doubt that July 1st is the date...

So, I was a little off. You all new that. Nothing to see here, move along...

Sam

Countertroll

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TME

I think that Dean was alluding to the fact that new SCS games do pretty well, especially since the last few were so cool.

Kenn

Gen. blunder

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
pitman said:

Gamers game
Gamers game
Other game
AOO promised
Gamers game
Gamers game
AOO promised again
Non-Gamers Non-ASL game
rinse, lather, repeat

Well if they reprint some day Burma, i'm okay with that schedule.
I don't know if i will ever find time to play these monster OCS games .Well Tunisia ,Sicily, seems to be playable in the time span of one life time.
And after all i have combined enough wargames and Asl scanarios for the next twenty years so .
ah compulsive Buying the plague of this consumers society.