MMP Production Schedule?

bpickeri

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RoutePack6 said:
Perhaps we are all just obsessive collectors, I know when Ballantines published those WW2 monographs back in the early 70s that I was hooked. Problem was that I was only able to get a hold of a dozen of these books. Now thanks to eBay, I was able to fully complete the series all 160 odd books covering battles, leaders, weapons etc.
Don't know if there are any other nuts than RoutPack6 and I out there who like the Ballantine series. Personally, I've had better luck getting these through Alibris (http://www.alibris.com/) than eBay- better selection, and you can pick/choose how much you're willing to pay for what quality/condition level. They even offer periodic "coupons" that you can use to reduce the cost a little more.

My only dislike is that shipping is calculated per shipper (I guess somewhat reasonably, from a mechanics perspective). I've ended up getting a couple of extras over the years when I was trying to save by buying a slightly more expensive copy from a merchant that offered discounts on shipping multiple copies. I ended up giving away a couple as awards at Enfilade this year: "The Reichstag Fire" went to someone who set a blaze (I think with a CH from a MTR), and "Panzer Division" went to the top armor killer. :twisted:

Brian Pickering
(Reading B-29 from this series right now...)

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Personally, I've had better luck getting these through Alibris (http://www.alibris.com/) than eBay- better selection, and you can pick/choose how much you're willing to pay for what quality/condition level. They even offer periodic "coupons" that you can use to reduce the cost a little more.
Coolness, now I can proceed to the second phase of my insanity. I need to replace some of the beat up copies with mint ones. By the way I noticed that B-17 is particularily hard to get.

Thanks Brian 8)

John