MMP on Production of ASL stuff

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
paulkenny said:
Counters are in layout!
That was old news two years ago. Next thing you'll tell us is that the boards are ready.

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian W said:
That was old news two years ago. Next thing you'll tell us is that the boards are ready.
Bet you're playing on them, so I guess they are. 8)

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas Argent said:
I'm happy that MMP got their contract renewed. Definitely a good thing.

That being said, I don't recall anyone from MMP saying anything about renegotiating the contract before it was finalized. I may have just missed that somewhere, but I usually keep up with the public forums the MMP guys frequent.

It would have gone a long way towards explaining some of the production delays, and might have helped garner a bit more sympathy towards the company in the last year.
I may not be the brightest light in the marquee, but advertising that you're in negotiations when there are people around who'd do anything they can to mess up your negotiations (regardless of whether we felt any -real- concern) doesn't seem like all that bright a move regardless of how much "heat" it takes off us.

MMPs not a public company, some of what we do or are doing is just not anyone's business but our own.

For what it's worth, I really think we have a handle on this company now and I really do think good if not great things are right around the corner for MMP.

Sure there will be hurdles, there will -always- be hurdles for a company with 1 full time worker and a slew of volunteer help, but we'll get over them.

Brian

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not debating the choice, Brian-I understand the concerns, and put that way they make sense. Indeed I can imagine there are a few in the universe who might try something to screw things up.

I guess I'm just tired of MMP getting trashed by some when there are perfectly legitimate reasons why production had to take a back seat for awhile. It's too bad there wasn't a way to communicate those reasons without risk to the company.

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
byouse said:
Bet you're playing on them, so I guess they are. 8)
Playing on them? Laminated them, designed scenarios on them, playtest the crap out of scenarios on them. Great boards. Worked on another scenario (The Buddha's Belly) over the last weekend. Japanese against Indians on board 50 (amoungst others). Maybe Paul will let us know that the box art is ready too.

It was interesting to see all the new stuff released at ASLOK. Everything looked really good, but I can't get behind bocage boards (Normandy does not interest me). It looks like (only a cursory look) RbF2 is a snazzier mag than RbF1 (laid out much better); however, my lack of enthusiasm (put mildly) for DASL will probably keep me away. It was interesting to note that there was a scenario in it depicting the same action I did in Jura Juggernaut. I would have liked to study it a bit to see how it compared.

We did get a chance to play a bit of the monster Sov vs. German tank battle. Had to quit after 4 turns. My team (Germans) was luckier on the dice rolls, but still think we were crusing for a very tight end game. I would love to take the Sovs (can you say infantry freeze?). Certainly a game for details--better keep track of the PF usage, because you may certainly run out before the game is over. Out of gas and out of ammo rolls could get very nasty for an unlucky german.

CH's Tigers to the Front looked interesting as well, but did not get a chance to do anything but page through it. Wasn't even able to get Melee Pack 2 out of the wrapper with all the other cool stuff (including Forces of Valor's new T-34/85).

Arthur H

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When is the remake of MMP website do? Also, now that I see more of did MMP folks here is this a move away from Comsim?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm just disappointed that MMP at the very least could have perhaps included a sub-license clause. This is not to slight MMP, they have their reasons so I'll leave it at that.

Scott

byouse said:
I may not be the brightest light in the marquee, but advertising that you're in negotiations when there are people around who'd do anything they can to mess up your negotiations (regardless of whether we felt any -real- concern) doesn't seem like all that bright a move regardless of how much "heat" it takes off us.

MMPs not a public company, some of what we do or are doing is just not anyone's business but our own.

For what it's worth, I really think we have a handle on this company now and I really do think good if not great things are right around the corner for MMP.

Sure there will be hurdles, there will -always- be hurdles for a company with 1 full time worker and a slew of volunteer help, but we'll get over them.

Brian

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Arthur H said:
When is the remake of MMP website do? Also, now that I see more of did MMP folks here is this a move away from Comsim?
Not sure right now, we're installing the backoffice software and populating the database with our products, weights, costs, etc.

Unfortunately, that takes a lot of my time when my time is spread pretty thin right now.

The best thing the new site offers is more full-time support so issues like periodic receipt mail failure and other issues (player database upgrades, etc) should go away.

Brian

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I kinda agree with Mark about getting a module out the door, though I would prefer VotG over AoO personally. Sorry Mark, but wimpy tanks and troops do not intrest me.

Scott

pitman said:
I'd rather see AOO before a new website.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Heck get ANYTHING out the door...

Journal, AOO, VOTG, etc:>)

Peace

Roger

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I agree - finish off the stuff thats causing angst with your customers first..

I'll bet a lot more people are complaining about AoO than the website!

-Jay

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If folks at MMP is spread a bit too thin, then it's probably time to take stock of the situation, and determine the priorities.

Gene Kranz: Let's work the problem people. Let's not make things worse by guessing.