MMP Journal 14 - Pre-Order is UP!

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Update from Peter, posted on CSW. (Edited for ASL Content.)

Hi everyone,

Here's a brief update on a few things as of the first week of May:

ASL Journal 14 is at the printer, and we hope to see it arrive at the warehouse this coming week. We'll begin building copies shortly after arrival;

ASL Starter Kit Expansion Pack #3 counters are being finished. When they're ready to print, they'll be done with ASL Starter Kit #1 counters. Hopefully these are ready to go to the printer by next week;

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Update from Peter, posted on CSW. (Edited for ASL Content.)

Hi everyone,

Here's a brief update on a few things as of the first week of May:

ASL Journal 14 is at the printer, and we hope to see it arrive at the warehouse this coming week. We'll begin building copies shortly after arrival;

ASL Starter Kit Expansion Pack #3 counters are being finished. When they're ready to print, they'll be done with ASL Starter Kit #1 counters. Hopefully these are ready to go to the printer by next week;
I am sticking with my Wednesday prediction on MMP receiving the map, scenarios and Journal, Now, what "counters" are included in Expansion Pack 3 is apparently a closely-guarded secret. It is not clear whether APC's, Trucks or perhaps OT AFV's will be included.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am sticking with my Wednesday prediction on MMP receiving the map, scenarios and Journal, Now, what "counters" are included in Expansion Pack 3 is apparently a closely-guarded secret. It is not clear whether APC's, Trucks or perhaps OT AFV's will be included.
There seems little reason to include APCs or trucks as no rules exist for PRC or towing other than to have them to provide additional counters as OT vehicles or unarmored vehicles unless it would come with a plethora of new rules for ASLSK as well.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
A little further update from Peter on SKEP3:

It will have two boards and one counter sheet, eight new scenarios, plus vehicle and ordnance notes and TH/TK charts.

Ownership of ASLSKs 1-4, plus EP1 (2nd ed) and possibly EP2 will be required to play all the scenarios.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
There seems little reason to include APCs or trucks as no rules exist for PRC or towing other than to have them to provide additional counters as OT vehicles or unarmored vehicles unless it would come with a plethora of new rules for ASLSK as well.
No trucks or rules for towing in SK? Time to graduate to real ASL people...

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No trucks or rules for towing in SK? Time to graduate to real ASL people...
That would be the next logical step. I believe there was mention of Concealment for ETO scenario(s). So, perhaps 40-60 half-inch counters for that. OBA was also mentioned, so 6 or so counters for that. Both would possibly be explained via SSR, as no new rules added. Must be a fair number of 5/8” counters included.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I hear you, those could be quick fixes but isn't there enough SK stuff out there to make an informed decision?

Or just be stuck in the simpler, more playable system but miss out on all that full ASL offers.

Tough call for many, much to do with all the $ one needs to get up to speed and whether or not
what you need is in stock. I'm glad I had no options in 1985, it was get on board with full ASL or
find something else to play. I was unafraid of that rulebook nor what it would take to be
able to play this game at a decent level. Come on SK fans, let's play in the big-boys game, I'll
see you on VASL.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASLSK EP #3 is worth getting, if only for the mapboards {after all, a few regular ASL scenarios use ASLSK mapboards!}.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASLSK EP #3 is worth getting, if only for the mapboards {after all, a few regular ASL scenarios use ASLSK mapboards!}.
Agreed. I also use the counters to fill my travel set. A few of those counters found their way into my main set.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Back to our regular programming (ie. discussing Journal 14), it appears ready to begin shipping either tomorrow or.....Monday!

Reactions: PTY

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got my order processing notice. I think I was in the first dozen or so orders. Unfortunately I'm out of town until Mon, so if it ships today it should be waiting for me (typically MMP orders only take a day to transit based on proximity).