MMP Berlin scenario!!!

Tesgora

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Battle of Berlin was a campaign spread over a large area. The city itself was the megapolis of Europe, much bigger than Stalingrad. The HOB rendering was focused on part of the Z defensive zone where some of the best known tactical engagement took place (i.e., Reichstag, Ministry of the Interior/Himmler's House, etc.). From the presence of a large railyard and adjacent train station, this might be an ASL rendering of the brutal fighting to take control of the Anhalter Bahnhof.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bill does a GREAT job with late war AFVs and city fighting.

The "War of the "Panzer Rat"" is a good title...

Also, a story about the term Panzer Rat.

In 1993, I was a Tank Company 1SG and we had four Saudi Arabian NCOs in my Company for a good will training event.

One of the Saudi NCOs spoke good German and while we were in our Assembly Area, this Saudi NCO saw and Armadillo crawling across the area.

He'd never seen one before and he turned to me and asked, "Was is das?" I replied quickly, "Panzer Ratten".

He began to laugh and then when and told his other Saudi NCOs what we talked about.

From then on out we had a blast with them for three weeks in the field for Tank Gunnery Qualifications to TT XII (Platoon Qualification) and then a four day mine ARTEP. My company was designated as the OPFOR against our Battalion and we had fun killing a bunch of sleepy tankers at 4AM three mornings in a row.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The CPVA counters represent Konev's troops as opposed to Zhukov's troops. I did not notice the overlay....thought it was a HASL map. Oh well.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Will it be a Berlin HASL ?
I just saw on FB that there was a playtest of end war, heavy metal, scenarios, covering different places - among which I seem to have seen the Berlin map displayed hereabove.
As much as I would gladly welcome a Berlin HASL, I have some doubts that this is what MMP is develping.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I just saw on FB that there was a playtest of end war, heavy metal, scenarios, covering different places - among which I seem to have seen the Berlin map displayed hereabove.
The post on FB seems to be just a scenario in Berlin - "a playtest for MMP" - no mention of a HASL.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Berlin had a lot of cool weapons, like twin 37mm AA guns, panzerturms, small tank hunter AFV s, old captured tanks and ACs etc et (I have seen even a WW1 British tank photo, I dont belive it actually fought... )

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
As much as I would gladly welcome a Berlin HASL, I have some doubts that this is what MMP is develping.
No just a scenario

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thanks Klas and Oliver.
That is what I thought.
Speaking of a "Berlin project" seems misleading in the present case.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Thanks Klas and Oliver.
That is what I thought.
Speaking of a "Berlin project" seems misleading in the present case.
I have changed the title of the thread. Sorry to hype us all up when in fact the situation is pretty normal.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I have changed the title of the thread. Sorry to hype us all up when in fact the situation is pretty normal.
Well, I would have loved that it were a HASL. :)
And congratulations for having changed the title of the thread. As we say in French : "Only idiots never change their mind." I always have believed that and I always will. 🤤

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well, I would have loved that it were a HASL. :)
And congratulations for having changed the title of the thread. As we say in French : "Only idiots never change their mind." I always have believed that and I always will. 🤤
Some of our heros are also people who never changed their minds.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We've playtested a few of these scenarios. The boards are nice dense city but modified with railway shunting yard overlays or parks.
The situations are interesting and combihed with the terrain, make for some fighting sutuations we've never seen before.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We've playtested a few of these scenarios. The boards are nice dense city but modified with railway shunting yard overlays or parks.
The situations are interesting and combihed with the terrain, make for some fighting sutuations we've never seen before.
Ok, so now there's more than one scenario again....😈

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Here is another photo from the MMP project playtest. This one is set in Budapest.