MMP ASL Map Sale

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I congratulate MMP on an excellent sale, yet grumblers still make their presence known. What's up with that? :)

ScoobySnacks

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
Shipping costs are overlooked when you purchase a $50 game you know comes in a big bulky box. When you are spending a handful of $$$ is when you really see how much it costs to ship anything. It really stands out when the shipping is more then the products.
I don't see anyone really complaining ABOUT MMP. I do see Portal with a gas tank in one hand and a big fan in the other hand though.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The shipping does sound high in some cases but you are getting the boards for $1. Don't like the shipping costs then don't buy. I've passed on some comics on ebay for the same reason. There's a guy charging close to $9 to ship five comics by priority. You can ship five bagged and boarded comics by priority for about $5. I know because I've done it.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
post deleted

Last edited:

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
“Then don't buy them if the shipping costs bug you that much. It's your choice, right?”

Right, but I have every right to complain about what I feel are shipping costs that are too high. :smoke:

If you ordered something from another online retailer that was not game oriented and it that much to ship considering the weight and cost of the item, I think you may complain a little.

Sorry when shipping is double the price of what is ordered that is steep.:rolleyes:

“Lighten up, Francis.”

Frankly, I think you are the one who needs to lighten up a little.:OHNO: :nervous:

<SHRUG>

“I don't see anyone really complaining ABOUT MMP……..”

"It shouldn't cost $25+ to ship 45 thin sheets of paper in a tube (or box). "

Bingo! If I would have bought a “widget” from company “X” and the shipping was this much compared to what I bought I would be a little miffed.

Peace

Roger

Last edited:

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just posted from Brian:

"We added a mounted DASL map set to the board blowout, mounted maps a,b,c,d, for $8 plus shipping.

We also removed mounted maps 3 and 24 as we are out of them."

WetChimp

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was a bit surprised as well at the shipping when I ordered, but as it worked out to about $2.10 a board afterwards (ordering 10 boards to fill in everything but CdG, GH!, CoB, and FKaC), I couldn't say no.

Now I just need to find a good price for CoB!

-Seth

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I congratulate MMP on an excellent sale, yet grumblers still make their presence known. What's up with that? :)
You've been around here long enough to know that there are some people who will complain about everything, haven't you?

<gasp!> My gaaawwd! You're one of them!!!!
:eek:

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
SamB,

Dead wrong, again, dude. Haven't complained in this thread, and it would be a great opportunity to do if there was reason.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
?

Are the unmounted maps the same maps that will be available in the map bundle?

Canadian Dude

Malicious Maniac
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
no, the map bundle will have SK-Style boards.

I believe unmounted boards are almost like simply sheet of paper. I wouldnt suggest getting it unless you planned to either laminate it or mount it yourself.

- The Canadian Dude

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The "unmounted" maps in the sale are the same as the mounted maps but before they get attached to the cardboard stock. So they are indeed straight paper.

Last edited:

thrasymachus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have two misprinted Yanks boards and a can of spray adhesive just waiting to be magically turned into mounted boards 14 & 15!

thrasymachus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Misprinted? What's the deal with them?
Well, my board 16 has a crazy 9 level hill/cliff on it with 6 hex stone building with a moat around it on top.....

Hehe...don't worry...they aren't "collectible", just one of the layers of ink was offset so all the walls/ buildings have "ghost" lines. Looks like you are seeing double sort of...and makes LOS a ***** ("wait, which line is the actual building?")

Nothing major, just enough to be a hassle (and MMP sent me replacements, so I may as well use them for the two boards in the sale that didn't come mounted.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well, my board 16 has a crazy 9 level hill/cliff on it with 6 hex stone building with a moat around it on top.....
That sounds cool! :thumup:

Hehe...don't worry...they aren't "collectible", just one of the layers of ink was offset so all the walls/ buildings have "ghost" lines. Looks like you are seeing double sort of...and makes LOS a ***** ("wait, which line is the actual building?")

Nothing major, just enough to be a hassle (and MMP sent me replacements, so I may as well use them for the two boards in the sale that didn't come mounted.
Get your opponent drunk and use those boards to throw him off. :D

thrasymachus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That sounds cool! :thumup:

Get your opponent drunk and use those boards to throw him off. :D

Actually yeah, as soon as I typed that, it made me wish there was a board like that out there!

Hehe "what are you talking about man...I can only see the one line...you really see two???" :devious:

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand
SK style board on the way?

Can't remember where I read this - might have been the ASLML - the clearing out of the old style mapboards is to make room for delivery of the new SK style mapboards.

I hope this means that the SK boards are nearly ready. Bring on the map bundle :laugh: