MMP ASL Map Sale

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
buy em. You want em.
$70 for a near full set including shipping? I bought a set of unmounted ones. I figure they will store well and make better photocopies should I ever need to re-enlarge.

Not saying to throw away money, but $70 isn't much and you are only missing a few boards. Looks like the mounted set would be a bit more due to more being available.

thrasymachus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm confused, did they find a bunch more of these in their indiana jones style warehouse? I tried to order a bunch of these a month or two ago from the list they have had up on their webpage only to get most of my money refunded and a note saying they realized they were out of stock.

Oh well...I'll try again!

SlyFrog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just wish it didn't cost so much for shipping. Unlike Reepicheep, I'm here in the U.S. I'd like to replace three boards that I received that have some writing on them (because I'm nuts that way), but it still comes out to $4 a board after you factor in the shipping. A decent enough price to fill in missing boards, but a little painful to replace some blemishes. Well, okay, they also don't have board 14, which was one of the three boards.

P.S. I know that MMP is just passing along the ugly shipping charge thing that happened about a month ago, and appreciate the $1 offer. I just had high hopes and then had to decide not to pull the trigger.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
"P.S. I know that MMP is just passing along the ugly shipping charge thing that happened about a month ago, and appreciate the $1 offer. I just had high hopes and then had to decide not to pull the trigger."

$9.50 to ship 5 unmounted maps. How much is a priority package these days?

This just seems pretty steep to mail a package that will weigh in at about a pound. It was cheaper to have a copy of AOO sent to me priority (ASLSK MAPS).

<SHRUG>

Oh well I need the maps and at 14.50 it is still not all that bad.

Peace

Roger

Last edited:

ScoobySnacks

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
it's probably the standard box size they use. Have you seen how much dead space is in there after a game box? I bet they have a flat fee to start and they pump up the price for each additional product.
It is not their fault, but I did not like paying only $6 for 6 boards and almost $10 for shipping. I did it though, not like I can go down to my local game store and actually buy MMP stuff. Anyone play an Avalance Game?

thrasymachus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP doesn't charge exact shipping, they make some money on all the stuff they ship. If you have ordered from them before, just look at the postage on the box. Target Arnhem back when it was "free" for instance was $5 to ship, but the postage said something like $1.27 when it arrived.

Must be what you call "handling" I guess ;) Not that I'm complaining...it is rare for a company to charge exact shipping (and probably a hassle) so most of them jack up the shipping to make sure they don't underpay and make a few extra bucks in the process.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP has to make money and they aren't doing that charging $1 for the maps, so please give them a break. I got hit for $25, but it is still a great deal.

swellington

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
got 19 mounted and the AoO set for 51.50$ only 12.50$ shipping for 23 maps, but then i tried to order 2 more maps and the shipping jumped to 25.00$ something to do with how many fit in what box sizes they have maybe also.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Boo-yah! I was able (fingers crossed) to get mounted maps for 25 & 26-- to complete my 2nd desert set and for three other boards that I needed backups.

Now, if only VOTG were to come out this year......

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
“got 19 mounted and the AoO set for 51.50$ only 12.50$ shipping for 23 maps, but then i tried to order 2 more maps and the shipping jumped to 25.00$ something to do with how many fit in what box sizes they have maybe also.”

Just an FYI, when I ordered my last “Set” of unmounted maps, they call came in one cardboard tube. I expect that anyone ordering unmounted maps, whatever the number, will get theirs the same way, in one tube. But as always I may be wrong. It was a good way to ship them.

I as well almost pulled the trigger and got a complete unmounted set (WHY I DO NOT KNOW AS I DO NOT NEED THEM) but when I saw the shipping, I backed off.

Peace

Roger

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
"MMP has to make money and they aren't doing that charging $1 for the maps, so please give them a break. I got hit for $25, but it is still a great deal."

I had this long post typed up and decided it was not worth it:nuts:

(BTW, I think $25 to ship those maps is too steep as well.)

Its not truly a "sale" if instead of charging X amount for a product, we charge Y and then inflate shipping.:nuts: :clown:

Though I am starting to think its more in their web page shipping calculator.

But I still bit the bullet and got my maps.... if only now I do not screw them up yet again!:freak: :angry:

Peace

Roger

Last edited:

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP doesn't charge exact shipping, they make some money on all the stuff they ship. If you have ordered from them before, just look at the postage on the box. Target Arnhem back when it was "free" for instance was $5 to ship, but the postage said something like $1.27 when it arrived.

Must be what you call "handling" I guess ;) Not that I'm complaining...it is rare for a company to charge exact shipping (and probably a hassle) so most of them jack up the shipping to make sure they don't underpay and make a few extra bucks in the process.
Do you have evidence of your statement above? I seriously doubt it is the case. When you take into account packaging costs, labor costs, and the like, they are probably taking a slight wash on the postage, not profiting.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
"Do you have evidence of your statement above? I seriously doubt it is the case. When you take into account packaging costs, labor costs, and the like, they are probably taking a slight wash on the postage, not profiting."

So, how can other companies ship for less?

Do you think they are eating costs and MMP is just breaking even?

Their (MMP) shipping costs seem high to me in comparison, but as I asked, maybe they are choosing to break even and other companies are eating costs.

Peace

ROger

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Actually several items I purchased from MMP have been a loss on shipping for them (paid $7.50, actual was $9.75 or something like that).
My Operations subscription costs me $4.80 an issue (or something like that) and the shipping lately has been more than $1.00.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All I need is board 29, as mine got ripped pulling off overlays from Clash Along the Psel. If anybody from the Seattle/Spokane area decides to order, could you add an extra 29 and I'll pay you back at ConQuest or Enfilade.

I don't want to pay $7.50 shipping for one board. Thanks.

ScoobySnacks

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
Everything I get in a box is UPS. I bet they are pretty good with the weight/ size ratio for UPS charges. You can't forget the box alone is an expense... a couple bucks probably with the MMP stamp on the sides.

thrasymachus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually several items I purchased from MMP have been a loss on shipping for them (paid $7.50, actual was $9.75 or something like that).
My Operations subscription costs me $4.80 an issue (or something like that) and the shipping lately has been more than $1.00.
That may be, but I'd say it is a pretty safe bet that they are making money on the shipping for the unmounted mapboards they are selling. It shouldn't cost $25+ to ship 45 thin sheets of paper in a tube (or box). Of course after they factor in shipping materials, warehouse fees, wages for whoever packs it all up, they may not make any money. Just how much of that should go into the shipping price and how much should just go into the actual cost of the item?

Again, I'm not complaining...if a company overcharges on shipping I just kind of assume that is normal. If they eat some of the cost I'm pleasantly suprised.