MMP ASL Map Sale

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad to hear, I ordered the unmounted set of 52, but seem to be missing a board at this point. I have to get them laminated at some point as well...

Gotta remember to place an order this evening.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Fantastic sale, especially for those who are scrounging for Desert boards.

Can anyone describe the quality of the unmounted boards? Is it the same paper thickness and texture as a Gamers OCS mapsheet from MMP, for example?

This very well could be a better deal than the SK-style mapboard set available for pre-order.

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hey Chas,
What are you doing being the mouth-piece for an MMP sale???
Get back to work on the AP's you slacker!!!!:D
co

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The unmounted boards are extremely thin, because they were not meant to be used alone, but meant to be used mounted. Essentially, if you get them, you will want to laminate them or mount them yourself.

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
They're Useless

This sale proves that the mounted boards are worthless. Twentieth century stuff. Now since they are useless I would appreciate it if someone would send me the mounted boards 42, 43, and 52. I know you're going to throw them away if you don't.
:)

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks a lot, Pitman. I'm going to hold on for the SK-style boards.

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This sale proves that the mounted boards are worthless. Twentieth century stuff. Now since they are useless I would appreciate it if someone would send me the mounted boards 42, 43, and 52. I know you're going to throw them away if you don't.

Ken,
I may be able to help you on those. I need to check later tonight.

Bob O

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
Wait for Few Returned

Once few returned comes out you will get the rare boards 42 and 43 in the starter kit style.

tppytel

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Despite the fact that this is the end of the mounted map era, is it still the plan to sell a mounted version of Board 52 when (if) Haakaa Paale is finished?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just my two cents...

All maps from this point forward will be the Start Kit style. If you want "matching" maps, you'll want to be using starter kit style maps.

However, at $1 a piece, this is a great sale and will let you pickup a map NOW at sale prices.

I already have a complete set of mounted and unmounted and laminated maps. Unmounted / laminated is great for travel to tourneys, etc. It also lets you write on your map - notes about terrain SSRs, etc.

buy em. You want em.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I would think about buying a full set, except for the fact that they work out to about $3.50 a piece when you include overseas postage!

JD Sullivan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hell, at these prices they made even me happy for a day. I rounded out my mounted and unmounted collections at these prices.