MMP announcement on ConSim

da priest

Reaction score
Brian Youse - Dec 1, 2004 8:17 am (#25410 Total: 25429)

"Floop," suggested the tar pit. IMPORTANT MMP ANNOUNCEMENT

No, we're not going out of business. No, we haven't run out of Yanks yet.

This warehouse relocation situation has us at MMP thinking about pipelines and products and it has become quite clear that running the business is almost a full time job and layout is almost a full time job. And we've got one guy (me) doing both.

We decided to do something about that. This requires an immediate fix.

We are glad to announce that we've hired Charlie Kibler to assist us in ASL layout. Charlie's going to work on a project by project basis, and in our discussions we laid out at least a year's worth of work. 8)

First up will be finishing AOO counters and the finishing work on the rules, scenarios (ie., plugging in the soon to be finished artwork into those items). He'll be set up and running within the week, we hope, as he required some more current software and, of course, what we've got to date.

After that, a slew of projects stuck in the pipeline. Valor of the Guards, Haaka Paalle (i'm adding letters until I get it right!), Ortona, Red October, Rotterdam, Warsaw, Action Packs #3 and #4, and a slew of other products.

But what about the other company we'd been talking to? Ken Smith (artist of the Journal #4 and Journal #5 covers) and his company will be doing some layout work for us as well. I've discussed this briefly with him and their first product will be Shifting Sands. We'll be getting him the latest card manifests and rules to begin layout (Dean's got the map done, and we'll need to tweak the counters to reflect card changes I expect, but otherwise they're finished as well - call 'em "like done").

With Dean set up on The Gamers line, Charlie doing a ton of ASL layout, and Ken handling some of the various miscellaneous games I think we're finally set with experts handling the layout and finishing work chores of getting games out the door.

We think this is all good news, we hope you do too.

MMP

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey

I'm happy ..... I think all the complaining from the thirty something gang is because reality has struck home of our own mortality and the need to play all those up and coming games now! before we go .... to the wargaming room in the sky .....

profound ain't it.. ... : -)

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, da Priest, for posting this here. I second CPRad's comments and want to add that I'm glad MMP is trying to communicate this sort of stuff with us!

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm really pleased by this announcement. MMP has done something concrete to address the production bottleneck.

This means we will see more ASL on a regular basis.

Adrian

CKibler

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, well. They're passing my name around already. :p Guess I'm going to have to put my nose to the olde grindstone soon and quit playing so much darn Combat Mission!

That might be rough. :cheeky:

ck

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome to the jungle, Charlie. Nice to have another target to take the heat off my carcass. :cheeky:

CKibler

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Keith,

Thanks for the welcome! I must admit, it certainly does sound like MMP intends to keep me busy. :surprise:

ck

CKibler

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bryan Holtby said:
Welcome back CK.
Thanks Bryan; appreciate it. Honestly, tho, I've never been too far away from the Best Wargame in the World. I still play ASL, altho lately it's been less & less (tough to read that small print these days :eek: ). My heart's always been there ...actually it never left Stalingrad! :laugh:

Besides, anything I can do to help get my "Red October" module squeezed out the tight MMP (uh) "pipeline" is good by me. I turned in all the components of this "Red Barricades sequel" quite a while back now -- ready for testing -- and would love to see it get into the hands of the ASL gamers. And heck -- I'd like to have some full-color printed maps of the Red October to finally game on.

Just imagine for a moment if you will: one vast map of two-thirds of Stalingrad's northern factory district -- the Barrikady to Banny Gully, south of the Krasnyi Oktobyr factory -- at ASL scale. Yeh, it'll require two long tables to setup but it'll be a sight to see. ...And just imagine the Operation Hubertus on TWO linked RB-size maps!! :devious:

charlie

wooo hoo -- I finally got a 'stripe'!

Last edited:

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Charlie!

now you're just teasing us :D

Peace

Roger

paulkenny

Reaction score
CPRad said:
Yes .. totally new meaning to storing your nuts for winter ......

Hey I thought it was a really old female squirrel! :D :laugh: :nuts:

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
CKibler said:
Thanks Bryan; appreciate it. Honestly, tho, I've never been too far away from the Best Wargame in the World. I still play ASL, altho lately it's been less & less (tough to read that small print these days :eek: ). My heart's always been there ...actually it never left Stalingrad! :laugh:

Besides, anything I can do to help get my "Red October" module squeezed out the tight MMP (uh) "pipeline" is good by me. I turned in all the components of this "Red Barricades sequel" quite a while back now -- ready for testing -- and would love to see it get into the hands of the ASL gamers. And heck -- I'd like to have some full-color printed maps of the Red October to finally game on.

Just imagine for a moment if you will: one vast map of two-thirds of Stalingrad's northern factory district -- the Barrikady to Banny Gully, south of the Krasnyi Oktobyr factory -- at ASL scale. Yeh, it'll require two long tables to setup but it'll be a sight to see. ...And just imagine the Operation Hubertus on TWO linked RB-size maps!! :devious:

charlie

wooo hoo -- I finally got a 'stripe'!
Sort of like "Streets of Stalingrad" blown up 1500% :cheeky: