Country
llUnited Kingdom

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is our playing for MM09 Old Child Harbor:

Another great AAR. Question, how do you play using cardboard over Skype? What's the protocol for things like DR/dr? How are the boards kept in sync? Or am I misunderstanding? Why not VASL instead? I'm genuinely curious. Keep up the great AARs.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another great AAR. Question, how do you play using cardboard over Skype? What's the protocol for things like DR/dr? How are the boards kept in sync? Or am I misunderstanding? Why not VASL instead? I'm genuinely curious. Keep up the great AARs.
Hi Gordon,

On Skype we have the camera pointed at the dice glass. We both have the boards set up and we talk through all moves and fires. Such as "the 4-6-7 in A7 move one to A8" pause to see if there is defensive fire "moves two to A9" and so on. It is like playing face to face. Both of us prefer skype to VASL. Mostly because neither of us have learned VASL. Relatively speaking there are few errors and usually corrected during the next action with the unit. Hardest thing is card draws for OBA. We usually shuffle the cards and the person make a "draw" by saying the third card (or other number) and you count out three and turn it over. I like it because you can have conversations and rules dives and other social parts of the game. Much like VASL live I suppose (never played with VASL). Plus you get the added benefit of using your kit. Part of the fun is using the counters and boards.

Danno

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great, I'll have to consider that if, or when, I try to play online.

Last edited:

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Great AAR,

Its good for the ASL community when people post AARs of little known scenarios.