Mixed Nationality FG's Question

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi ya-

Can an Italian 447 combine it's FP with a German 548? Looked in the rules but could not find it.

thanks

Scott

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SGT Holst said:
Hi ya-

Can an Italian 447 combine it's FP with a German 548? Looked in the rules but could not find it.

thanks

Scott
This is a good question Scott. My initial inclination was to shoot from the hip and say, "no". But A10.7 states, "The leadership rating of a leader is worsened by one whenever influencing Allied Troops of a different nationality."

So if a German leader could direct Italian troops, why couldn't a German Squad combine FP with an Italian one? So I would say yes they can combine.

Kev

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nineteen Kilo said:
This is a good question Scott. My initial inclination was to shoot from the hip and say, "no". But A10.7 states, "The leadership rating of a leader is worsened by one whenever influencing Allied Troops of a different nationality."

So if a German leader could direct Italian troops, why couldn't a German Squad combine FP with an Italian one? So I would say yes they can combine.

Kev
Thanks, Kev, but Thats when a leader is directing a different nationality. Saw that in the rules. Hmmmmm, I guess COWTRA should kick in for this one.

Scott

Schrapnellls

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi,

I'd ever read many SSR "The partisan cannot make a FG with the Soviet Unit" (J1 "Urban Guerilla").
So, if a SSR not allow to do it, I think you could usually.

Schrap

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Assuming they are Friendly

Assuming the Italian and German are Friendly units in this scenario... ;)

I would say that a player could certainly form FG with any/all Friendly units qualified to participate in a FG.

Go for it!

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Bruce,

But I'm gonna ask the designer to SSR mixed FG's out of the scenario. Cant imagin the Germans telling the Italians to fire because for all the Italians know, the Germans might be saying smoke break!

Scott

jserrano

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
If they share the same location they have to form a FG (7.55, mandatory FG, no exceptions, no DRMs).

I wouldn't bring language skills reality arguments here (The Spanish Blue Division fought alongside the Wermacht in Russia and I doubt many understood a word of German when they first arrived there).

José