Missing Axis CVP Totals Box

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just starting to learn the do's and don'ts of VASL, so bear with me. The other day I clicked on the Casualties Box to see what the totals were in my practice game. When I was done I wanted to start a new game and clicked on the Axis Totals little box to clear it.....learned that is not what you do. It went away.
The Allies Totals box is still there showing the running CVP total. I thought starting a new game would fix it but the small Axis CVP totals box is still missing. How do I get it back? (I can add the CVP's in my head but having it done for me is kinda nice). Thanks in advance for any help.

signed - a total VASL newb.....ASLSARGE

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just starting to learn the do's and don'ts of VASL, so bear with me. The other day I clicked on the Casualties Box to see what the totals were in my practice game. When I was done I wanted to start a new game and clicked on the Axis Totals little box to clear it.....learned that is not what you do. It went away.
Right-clicking on the Total Axis CVP box in the Casualities bin window should bring up a menu. Select Reset to 0. Same for Allied. I suspect you may have selected delete. Don't do that. It literally deletes the box. Should that happen again, hit the undo button on the toolbar.

No need to clear the CVP totals before starting a new game. Close the first game. Start a new one, CVP will be reset to 0. Start a saved game and CVP will be reset to their values when the saved game was last saved.

The Allies Totals box is still there showing the running CVP total. I thought starting a new game would fix it but the small Axis CVP totals box is still missing. How do I get it back? (I can add the CVP's in my head but having it done for me is kinda nice). Thanks in advance for any help.

signed - a total VASL newb.....ASLSARGE
Probably have to go out to VASSAL and restart VASL. That should fix the problem.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right-clicking on the Total Axis CVP box in the Casualities bin window should bring up a menu. Select Reset to 0. Same for Allied. I suspect you may have selected delete. Don't do that. It literally deletes the box. Should that happen again, hit the undo button on the toolbar.

No need to clear the CVP totals before starting a new game. Close the first game. Start a new one, CVP will be reset to 0. Start a saved game and CVP will be reset to their values when the saved game was last saved.

Probably have to go out to VASSAL and restart VASL. That should fix the problem.
Yup.....tried the right-click option earlier but no luck. After I backed completely out of VASL the CVP totals box came back. Thanks! Now I know not to do that again. Let's see what other screwups I can perform.......

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
First rule of software: when in doubt, click!