Mirkwood interview

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A Turbine interview (30 min) about the next expansion:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/74019

Good interview with lots of info & very interesting stuff revealed. The Skirmish idea sounds like a lot of fun.

However his "Ton's of Radiance will be required" comment (= raiding & hardcore) hopefully won't mean you HAVE to have it to do the the frigging point of the expansion- take Dul Guldur.

Other key comments: LotRO "it's PvE for now..." and "you (we) can track EVERY skirmish stat for future Tournaments, individual kills, points etc."

The future path of LotRO, which already is going down the slippery slope = WoW just set in Middle Earth.

Some blurry screenies
1. Guards (you're as tall as their knees)
2. Mob Attack
3. The endgame Boss- Nazgul on his winged beast,

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I still can't figure out what I have to do to get into Moria...of course, at level 42, I'm barely strong enough to walk down the road in Eregion, so that may be the problem...

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To get into Moria:

First of all you have to be 45+ level, go to Echad Dúnann (Nan Sirannon) in Eregion, there's a dwarf "Ráthwald" standing by the "instance" gate on the road at the NE end. (I think you have to be 50th to actually get inside Moria.)

Talk to him & he will give you the starting quest to get inside the "Walls of Moria" area. Once inside the area you have to complete the 14 quests of Vol 2 Book1 in the Walls of Moria area to get to the final one that will open the actual Door into Moria.

I liked the quest of V2 Bk 1 but I have 2 50+ characters I have not taken into Moria yet, I'm still having fun running around above ground with them.