Miniatures Blogging and Websites

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another store on the web I order from is "The War Store". Niel is a great person to deal with and their prices are very competitive. They have the new 15mm items from "The Plastic Soldier Co." Have not yet purchased any yet but they look very nice and the prices are great.
That's where I ordered my new supplies from. Even better, the store is located about 25-30 minutes from me so every time I order something I am supporting a (relatively) local merchant.

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
That's where I ordered my new supplies from. Even better, the store is located about 25-30 minutes from me so every time I order something I am supporting a (relatively) local merchant.
I like ordering from them as well, always great service and fast shipping.

Do they have an actual physical store you can walk into and look around?

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Yes they do. I went passed the store a number of years ago and it looked quite nice. I didn't go inside, though.
If you ever do go in, the first time leave you wallet at home :) Then after that only go in if you have a plan. But you know the old saying 'A plan never survives contact with the enemy'

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thats the bad side of a store having a web presence. You are never without your wallet. But I do know what you mean. Years ago when I went to Brookhurst Hobbies(Garden Grove, CA) for the first time, just to check them out, I dropped $465 and could very well have spent another $465. The nice thing about going in to any gaming store is that you can really give any item the once over and make your decision. I've run into the problem of ordering something on-line that I'm not familiar with and find the new item is not compatible with what I already have. By the way, Perry Samurai do not mix well with Kingsford Miniatures Samurai(the best for the period).

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, so right off the bat you'll have to forgive me. This website, while not being miniatures gaming oriented does have some very cool pics and some ideas on modelling wethered effects. Check out what I'm talking about at www.worldwar2aces.com Like I said there are some very cool diaramas and such.