mini Counterinsurgency MBX

bongotastic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi, this is a cross post with the TacOps mailing list.

I will be umpiring a small scale MBX set in Sadr City. There will be only two players, one umpire and any number of observers (one or two-sided). The gameplay will be somewhat unusual: TacOps gurus and interested people should let me know.

Start: Soon.
Last for: 2-4 weeks.

Player's guide (tentative):
http://morticia.cs.dal.ca/~bongo/SadrCity/SadrCityPlayersGuide.pdf

Cheers,

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting concept. After reading your PDF, I'm wondering what timespan you intend the scenario to pirtray -- hours, days, weeks? Is this a single action, or...?

bongotastic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
James,

In the scenario that I've prepared, time is a key concept. We're talking in terms of hours, up to 36 hours including some IBP/LBP battlefield preparation. I want to limit the scope and size of the battle to focus on how to subvert a WWIII sim to model combat in this type of battlefield.

Multiple actions would be great, if there is a good way to model the low level. But this is not for this MBX.

Cheers,

Last edited:

nilsderondeau

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Two-way access request

Would like very much to have two-way access to this CPX . Some background: I'm an (American) English language trainer to a French Div HQ and have been trying to figure out how to use TacOps to generate language learning opportunities. The problem is gaming SASO - type missions which take place at a slower rhythm.

bongotastic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi,

Send me an email, my address is somewhat visible in my user profile (under Instant Messenger).

This MBX is really a tactical battle in the context of a SASO mission. I spent the best of two years writing a simulator to handle longer spanning scenario. However, with an infant added to the roster of children, dedicated hobby time to code it up isn't available this year.

Christian

GCoyote

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sign me up for two-way access as well.
I've got too many other things going on to participate but I've been toying with a TacOps based MBX for over a year now and I'm interested in how you manage it.