Reaction score
First name
Fabio
Country
llItaly
Hello,
a question on the hex with a minefield (AP) and Wire Markers
(B24.74)
What is the sequence to open (Attempt) with an MMC a Trail Break (TB) in a minefield and Wire without being attacked by mines?

Thank You

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The rule for entry with partial trail break says, "Good Order Infantry may enter a Known minefield hex free of minefield attack by placing a partial TB, provided they expend their entire MF allotment ot do so, become TI, and attempt to clear the minefield at the end of their CCPh" [B24.74]. The problem here is that a unit on wire cannot clear mines [B24.74], so if the unit enters a hex with both wire and mines in the manner described, it can't move under the wire (having expended all MF to enter), it can't attempt clearance and so can't fulfill the requirements for using a partial trail break without attack. This seems unreasonable to me, so I would suggest playing it as requiring entry on the first turnas above but without the clearance requirement, followed in a subsequent turn by moving under the wire before beginning clearance attempts and/or exit by the way the unit came in.

JR

fabrsm

Reaction score
First name
Fabio
Country
llItaly
The rule for entry with partial trail break says, "Good Order Infantry may enter a Known minefield hex free of minefield attack by placing a partial TB, provided they expend their entire MF allotment ot do so, become TI, and attempt to clear the minefield at the end of their CCPh" [B24.74]. The problem here is that a unit on wire cannot clear mines [B24.74], so if the unit enters a hex with both wire and mines in the manner described, it can't move under the wire (having expended all MF to enter), it can't attempt clearance and so can't fulfill the requirements for using a partial trail break without attack. This seems unreasonable to me, so I would suggest playing it as requiring entry on the first turnas above but without the clearance requirement, followed in a subsequent turn by moving under the wire before beginning clearance attempts and/or exit by the way the unit came in.

JR
Thank You jrv

fabrsm

Reaction score
First name
Fabio
Country
llItaly
jrv,
I apologize for opening two posts for the same thing.

axel65

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly

JR
Forgetting that B24.41 ... "Whenever a unit enters/leaves a minefield hex including bypass (A4.3) "" or using a magic wand.

fabrsm

Reaction score
First name
Fabio
Country
llItaly
Hi,
by re-reading the Rules,
to prevent a mine attack on an MMC, you must have a DC:

-make a DC or DC Set
(see Perry's question that says the MMC placing a DC is not attacked by mines);

- Once the Wire is removed, you begin the procedure for a Clearance attempt.

Do you agree?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
by re-reading the Rules,
to prevent a mine attack on an MMC, you must have a DC:

-make a DC or DC Set
(see Perry's question that says the MMC placing a DC is not attacked by mines);

- Once the Wire is removed, you begin the procedure for a Clearance attempt.

Do you agree?
That certainly would be an option. As I said I think they should be played that the unit can enter free from attack even though it is not able to clear the mines immediately. You might drop mmp a line asking if that is also an option.

JR

fabrsm

Reaction score
First name
Fabio
Country
llItaly
That certainly would be an option. As I said I think they should be played that the unit can enter free from attack even though it is not able to clear the mines immediately. You might drop mmp a line asking if that is also an option.

JR
Hi jrv,
the B24.41 rule leaves no doubt: the unit is attached as soon as it enters the minefield Location, and the B24.74 says it's impossible to do a Clearance attempt from a "TOP" on the Wire Marker.

Thank You :)