Minefields Attacks - Cowering

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just a quick confirmation as i cant find it in RB.

No cowering for minefield attacks..right?

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
B28 ...minefield must be constructed with a strength of 6, 8, or 12 factors and is not reduced in strength due to the resolution of an attack by that minefield. (So Minefields are not effected by a roll of doubles)

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks guys, but what about A7.9. Minefields attacks are not listed as cowering exceptions. is this list "definitive" or just an example of what attacks are not susceptible to cowering.

What do you guys think?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I would not contest a slight modification of the definition of cowering (e.g. that it is about a unit's IFT attack), even though it never occurred to me that a Minefield could cower...

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
What do you guys think?
What we or anybody else thinks about it (other than Perry and mayhaps Klas) has no bearing whatsoever. What the rule says is what matters and that rule says it is not changed (reduced or increased).

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Minefields do not cower. They either go off when somebody steps on one or they don't go off {meaning somebody put his feet down
in the empty spaces between the mines}.

Refer to the scene in "Kelly's Heroes" where our infantry heroes find themselves in a minefield.