Minefield Clearance

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Situation:

An MMC declares a minefield clearance attempt (the MMC started the MPh in the minefield location) during it's MPh (places TI counter).

Questions:

1) Is the above MMC subject to First Fire during the MPh in which it declares the clearance attempt?

2) If yes to the previous question, how many MF will be subject to First Fire?

3) If the MMC in question fails the clearance DR during the CCPh would it be subject to First Fire in subsequent MPh's if it continues to attempt clearance?

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tater,

I don't think placing a T/I counter on a unit means that that unit is spending MFs. Therefore, no D1F.

A4.8 mentions that the unit marked T/I may not move, fire, nor advance. It may not spend any MFs, in other words.

B24.74 tells us that a unit Adjacent to a Known minefield may spend all of its MFs, place a partial TB and is marked T/I, etc. If the unit is already in the Minefield(as in your example), no MF expenditure is listed.

Finally, B24.7 does not mention MF expediture for 'clearance' attempts.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
alanp said:
Tater,

I don't think placing a T/I counter on a unit means that that unit is spending MFs. Therefore, no D1F.

A4.8 mentions that the unit marked T/I may not move, fire, nor advance. It may not spend any MFs, in other words.

B24.74 tells us that a unit Adjacent to a Known minefield may spend all of its MFs, place a partial TB and is marked T/I, etc. If the unit is already in the Minefield(as in your example), no MF expenditure is listed.

Finally, B24.7 does not mention MF expediture for 'clearance' attempts.
Yeah, that's how I was reading it as well...just wanted another set of (impartial) eyes to take a look.

Thanks for the help.