Mila 18 shut down

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
I've received two warning messages from von Garvin that I've posted inappropriate content - more specifically photos of two actresses, one of them being Alicia Silverstone - and thus he shut the whole legendary thread, just like that. This is somewhat strange, given that since time immemorial we've all been posting photos of gals on that single thread for the joy/fun/name it, and censoring more "adult" parts if needed.

While I may understand that first photo wasn't censored enough for the tastes of moderator, I have absolutely no idea what's so inappropriate with picture of Silverstone. Is she being a woman inappropriate or what?

I've been here since 2008 and since then I've never received a single information that I do not follow the rules. I didn't alter my behaviour since then, so what gives? Have I skippped something while I was away?

Please do not close this thread, because I feel we have rights to discuss mods' decisions in a polite way.

Last edited:

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've received two warning messages from von Garvin that I've posted inappropriate content - more specifically photos of two actresses, one of them being Alicia Silverstone - and thus he shut the whole legendary thread, just like that. This is somewhat strange, given that since time immemorial we've all been posting photos of gals on that single thread for the joy/fun/name it, and censoring more "adult" parts if needed.

While I may understand that first photo wasn't censored enough for the tastes of moderator, I have absolutely no idea what's so inappropriate with picture of Silverstone. Is she being a woman inappropriate or what?

I've been here since 2008 and since then I've never received a single information that I do not follow the rules. I didn't alter my behaviour since then, so what gives? Have I skippped something while I was away?

Please do not close this thread, because I feel we have rights to discuss mods' decisions in a polite way.
maybe he doesn't like women or photos of women

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Indeed, I seem to recall a picture of several unclad females surrounding a M3/M5 light tank. No complaints then.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

I have been been banned without warning for the last couple of days for posting "political content" though I have not been informed which post may have been offensive.

Edit: I have been informed just now. I appreciate that.

It is actually the first time I have ever been banned since I came here in 2010 with the single EXC being after an encouragement to RockSgtDan to do this:

Who owns the place makes the rules.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It’s not the Wild West like it used to be, that’s for sure. The powers that be want us to focus on the things that make this site special, and something that unites us, ie. Wargames. Sounds fair to me.

Btw, I’m the one who started the Mila 18 thread all those years ago.

Last edited:

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Even the chit chat section, which you'd think would be a free speech forum wouldn't have issues... It does.

Mind you.. Only the US grants freedom of speech.
Canada doesn't protect freedom of speech.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Even the chit chat section, which you'd think would be a free speech forum wouldn't have issues... It does.

Mind you.. Only the US grants freedom of speech.
Canada doesn't protect freedom of speech.
But the issue is not about freedom of speech, only about being warned/banned for the reason of doing usual thing which was never on the "don't" list before and doesn't seem to be now either.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Years ago I tried to get banned but to no avail. I’ve had communications with moderators in the past and been asked to change things, when I politely refused they left me alone. It’s not the Wild West like it used to be, that’s for sure. The powers that be want us to focus on the things that make this site special, and something that unites us, ie. Wargames. Sounds fair to me.

Btw, I’m the one who started the Mila 18 thread all those years ago.
So you're the reason why we don't get unicorns and rainbows anymore!

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
I've took some time to think it over and came to a conclusion that perhaps it's some sort of misunderstanding - I "know" mod who shut the thread (I mean I know him through his GS activity) and his genuinely nice and reasonable person, so I guess we just didn't "get" each other. No grudge taken, by no means, and I apologize if I offended you by being too harsh on my judgement.

It's just sad that Mila's gone, that's all.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hey, sweetie! 👋 I've missed you lots! Your input is needed over on the "New Challenge" thread.

💋
I've just perused the forums a bit. Where is this New Challenge thread so I can spread my vast knowledge? :sneaky: