Midnight Madness

saddletank

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Well, maybe not actually midnight, but close enough. This was the night after the campaign start. My PA raiding Jap DDs were on their way home to Assan and I sent Togo and the Big Boys past PA just to see if anyone was awake. I took the 20 knot CAs Adzuma and Yakumo out of 2nd division with the intent of forming a new division when the 20 knot Nisshin and Kasuga were ready and with the intent of making 2nd division up to 4 ships' strength with the 21 knot Asama once it had taken care of business at Chemulpo.

I put Adzuma and Yakumo into a separate task force but sent them the same way home as Togo's 1st squadron.

It just so happened by chance that the Russians sent out their 1st Scouting Group of Askold, Novik and 8 DDs and they made contact with Adzuma and Yakumo.

As the battle started these 2 CAs were at the rear of my force but way ahead of Askold and Novik and hidden in the dark were 6 BBs, 3 CAs and 4PCs. I turned these all 180 about and got stuck in.

As you can see, it was a total slaughter. There are 2 more sinking Russian DDs out of shot to the left where Adzuma and Yakumo are.

This is the sort of battle report I like to read :)

Bullethead

Storm Eagle Studios
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Damn, that's a lot of carnage for just 25 minutes. Nice job :).

I do the same as you: divide the ACs up by speed. Hell, I even sort my Russian DDs by speed, too.