MG's vs lightly armored vehicles

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I have a question regarding A9.61 (First Edition). As I read that, if an MG attacks hits and subsequently rolls exactly the TK number, the AFV in question is automatically stunned. I belive that to be a little stun as opposed to big STUN. If not automatically stunned, would a turret hit stun the vehicle?

In a related question, if a stun is the result, does this also trigger the automatic recall of a restricted one man turret AFV? Thanks in advance. -- jim

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sparafucil3 said:
If not automatically stunned, would a turret hit stun the vehicle?
If a MG roll = the TK#, the AFV is stunned automatically, regardless of hit location.

Sparafucil3 said:
In a related question, if a stun is the result, does this also trigger the automatic recall of a restricted one man turret AFV? Thanks in advance. -- jim
Yes.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Thanks!

Thanks Brian. Thats what I thought. Just wanted a clarification. -- jim

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D1.322 refers to automatic recall if "Stunned" per D5.341. D5.34 refers to little "stun" as well as the MG final TK DR equal to the final TK #. D5.341 is the bug "STUN" rule for a K/KIA, casualty MC, or 1 sniper attack. D5.341 also refers to the recall under D1.322. This reference is not found in D5.34.

This is all V.1 of the ASLRB tome. Unless something changed in V.2, the answer to Sparafucil3's second question answered by Brian W. should be "no." ;)

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Larry said:
D1.322 refers to automatic recall if "Stunned" per D5.341. D5.34 refers to little "stun" as well as the MG final TK DR equal to the final TK #. D5.341 is the bug "STUN" rule for a K/KIA, casualty MC, or 1 sniper attack. D5.341 also refers to the recall under D1.322. This reference is not found in D5.34.

This is all V.1 of the ASLRB tome. Unless something changed in V.2, the answer to Sparafucil3's second question answered by Brian W. should be "no." ;)
I was all set to agree with you but I re-read the rules and I am pretty sure the second answer is correct too. D5.431 deals with recall and not stuns. D5.43 deals with the mechanics of Stuns.

Excerpt of D5.431:
5.341 Recall: Recall occurs whenever an AFV CE Inherent crew that qualifies for its normal CE DRM suffers a K/KIA or Casualty MC result, or when any 1MT AFV (1.322) suffers a Stun Result.....

So according to A9.61 the vehicle is stunned (as defined by the mechanics of D5.43) and is further penalized per D1.322 in that any stunned vehicle is automatically recalled (per the mechanics of D5.431).

Like so many other things in ASL, it's all as clear as mud :dead: :D

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The correct answer for #2 is yes as stated by Brian. Both D1.322 and D5.341 are consistant and cover this. In effect and stun becomes a STUN for 1MT vehicles.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep, there it is. :cheeky: "1MT AFV suffers a Stun result." Read it as a "STUN" reference instead of the clearly stated "stun" reference. :nuts:

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Larry said:
Yep, there it is. :cheeky: "1MT AFV suffers a Stun result." Read it as a "STUN" reference instead of the clearly stated "stun" reference. :nuts:
Not to confuse you, but...

D1.322 ONE-MAN TURRET (1MT): Any MA of the "1MT" Type is recognized by a large thick white square with no corners (EX: German PzKpfw IB tank). A 1MT AFV is considered a ST Type, but can fire neither its MA nor its CMG while CE. In addition, any 1MT AFV that is Stunned is automatically Recalled (5.341) and may not become CE for the remainder of its time onboard.

D5.341 RECALL: Recall occurs whenever an AFV CE Inherent crew that qualifies for its normal CE DRM suffers a K/KIA or Casualty MC result, or when any 1MT AFV (1.322) suffers a Stun Result [EXC: SMC crew; 5.343],

That 1MT vehicle is recalled with either a stun or a STUN result.

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Time to shoot anything with metal before 1941! Grab the Atr and mgs and fire away! (I always did anyway.) I did not play it this way(recalled on a stun). Good thread with excellent replies. Everyone gets a cookies and milk. : )

Jimfer

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
jimfer said:
Everyone gets a cookies and milk. : )
Jimfer
I will hold you to the cookies and milk. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. -- jim