MG's as MA ?

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, not sure what you mean here. A PzVIB does *not* have a 12.7mm MG as it's MA....
I meant a British Mk VIB. Those little puny tanks that can only do any damage by rolling a super lucky dueces all the time, not by any superior tactics or such... ;)

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are tanks that have a MA listed as "12.7".These are not necessarily 50 cal MGs. At least, I don't think you can conclude that unless Chapter H supports it.

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Blackcloud6 said:
I meant a British Mk VIB. Those little puny tanks that can only do any damage by rolling a super lucky dueces all the time, not by any superior tactics or such... ;)
D'OH! Silly me. Silly German copycats. :laugh:

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Blackcloud6 said:
Ah yes the old wargamers lament. When I win it's because of my superior skill and tactics when I lose it's either my bad roll of the dice or my opponets luck. Must only mean one thing Blackcloud. HMM! Maybe you better get out that
wargamers :cry: towel. your getting the floor all wet. :p

M (I'd rather be lucky that good.) LaPanzer

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin said:
I may be wrong, but a vehicular MA MG, when not firing as ordnance, fires on the IFT as a Vehicular MG, and not exactly "IFE" : its ROF is not lowered by one as a Gun's IFE would demand...
D'oh! :eek:

No wonder Mr. Blackcloud6 was not impressed with my arguments, especially when I make, well, stupid remarks like that.

Everything I stated in this thread about "IFE" was irrelevant with regards to MA MG!

Geez, what the heck was up with that!?!

I'm not sure what the problem was. It was one part being too hasty to make my point, and one part posting these in the middle of the night after feeding my daughter. Or first thing in the morning before my coffee...

Let's see ... it's 2:00 AM ... the baby wakes up ... take ten minutes to feed the baby ... take twenty minutes to read the Forums and make a post ... seems about right to me.

Robin said:
It seems to me that Vehicular MGs are not included - they are not "Guns", even if they may fire as "ordnance"...
In this case, a MA MG still fits the definition of "Gun", being a weapon on a 5/8" currently firing as ordnance. So when firing as ordnance, an MA MG is considered a Gun, but when firing as non-ordnance it's considered a CMG (or AAMG or whatever MG).

But yikes, my apologies to Blackcloud6. While I remain convinced that he is wrong with regards to A9.61, I can see a little more clearly where the confusion could have come from. I can also see why he was not impressed much with my reasoning...

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
bebakken said:
While I remain convinced that he is wrong with regards to A9.61...
So am I.:rolleyes:
Errare humanum est... perseverare diabolicum.:cool:

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MLaPanzer said:
Well I guess that probably answers my next question in the same game i just rolled snake eyes on the TK table with a 12.7 putting it as = to the TK Number so that would make it a stun not an immobilzation in this case a 12.7 would be the concidered an MG :nuts:
A little late perhaps, but I found this Official Q&A on MMP's website. (Imagine that.)

The 12.7 is not considered an MG for TK purposes...

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

A9.61 Are Guns (including vehicular MA) of 12.7 Caliber Size treated as MG for TK purposes (D5.34)? Are .50 caliber SW MG?

A. No. Yes. {J1}​

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But yikes, my apologies to Blackcloud6. While I remain convinced that he is wrong with regards to A9.61, I can see a little more clearly where the confusion could have come from. I can also see why he was not impressed much with my reasoning
No sweat man. I was just trying to fight through a confusion on logic on my part and a not-so-clear rule. I am stubborn when it comes to this in this game because of the introduction that tells us not to read anything into the rules that is not there.

As to MLapanzer's tactics, he did a very good job on setting up his defense in "The Crux of Calais." My attack paln fell into his trap. But I will say that 3 MA breakdowns, a MG breakdown, a ATR critical hit and two MG TKs of 3 or less didn't help my cause. But , as I always say, you can put yourself in a positon to experience good luck.. or bad... :(