MG firing at HT?

acolic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi,

I have a tank that has 4/2 mg firing at a moving german HT that has an armour factor of 1 and it is a small target.

How do I handle the TH and TK process?

Thanks

Alex

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is the tank's MA one of the MGs, presumably the CMG? If not, you're done, you can't make a TH/TK roll with AFV MGs unless they are MA.

Presuming the CMG is the MA, it's a regular TH. Base 10 at 1-6 hexes, +1 for small target applies as well as moving for +2 so you're looking for a 7 best case. If you're buttoned it's another +1 for a 6.

If you're moving/motion I don't believe you can take an MG TH/TK shot since you'd be halved so I left out any bounding fire options. No crits for MGs so a 2 is just a hit. If you manage ROF, MGs are too small for acquisition so you'd be looking for another 6 or 7 on a subsequent shot.

So if you hit, then you roll the TK. MG TK base is 4, but is +1 at 2-6 hexes and +2 point blank. HT's armor is 1 so you're likely rolling for a 4 (4+1 - 1 AF). Make sure to consult the vehicle destruction table on rolling the number as MGs don't immobilize/shock, but stun instead.

'Course if you have a non-MG MA, which obviously most tanks do, you can't take the shot anyway. You could also just take a 6(+2) on the IFT, presuming the HT is CE, and hope to affect the crew.

Bret Hildebran
damavs@alltel.net
www.aslok.org

acolic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Okay I get it. The MA is not the MG's. So the only thing I could do is try to affect the HT crew if they were CE.

Are HT crews CE by default or is that an option designated by a CE counter?

Thanks
Alex

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OT vehicles (which all HTs I can think of are) are CE by default - so to not be CE, they'd require a counter placed. And if not CE, OT vehicles cannot fire their weapons, meaning it's usually in their best interest to be CE except when running a nasty gauntlet of fire...

Sounds like your best bet is the 6(+2) on the crew & hope your opponent rolls high if you happen to get an NMC or better...

Bret Hildebran
damavs@alltel.net
www.aslok.org