MF used by surviving PRC

Bjoernar

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Hi

I have a question concerning firing at PRC that has just survived the elimination of their AFV during the MPh. The problem is how to determine how many MF the survived PRC has spent surviving during the MPh, hence how many shots that may be taken at them with e.g. a MG retaining ROF. Reading D5 and D6 it seems that there is some kind of similarity of treating embarking/disembarking but I find it difficult to extract the correct procedure for the crew survuval MF expenditure.

Consider these two rules. The Rider rules give a clue, but they are actually refering to bailing out and not unloading/surviving.

D5.6
If, after its elimination, the vehicle's owner makes a Final DR <= its CS#, a vehicle-crew counter is placed beneath the wreck (expending all remaining MF) and is subject to the effects of Hazardous Movement (see also 9.3) vs all subsequent attacks during that phase

Note the parenthesis: (expending all remaining MF). This must indicate some common procedure in all this.

D6.24
….Bailing Out never costs the transport any MP but for Defensive First Fire purposes the Rider is considered to spend all remaining (but at least one) MF subject to FFNAM. …..

What if a crew survives during the first quarter of the vehicles MP allotment?

What if a crew survives during the last quarter of the vehicles MP allotment?

On the last MP spent?

Regards
Bjørnar

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bjoernar said:
Hi

I have a question concerning firing at PRC that has just survived the elimination of their AFV during the MPh. The problem is how to determine how many MF the survived PRC has spent surviving during the MPh, hence how many shots that may be taken at them with e.g. a MG retaining ROF. Reading D5 and D6 it seems that there is some kind of similarity of treating embarking/disembarking but I find it difficult to extract the correct procedure for the crew survuval MF expenditure.
I would treat it exactly like a passenger disembarking for MF spent. I think the rule suggests that course of action, and AFAIK, does not explicate a proceedure anywhere else in the ASLRB.

Bjoernar

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Hi

Thanks for comment. I think thats the way to do it also. Hence, if the crew survives on the last MP or during the last quartil of the vehicle's MP allotment, the crew is assumed to be using 1 MF that they can be fired upon with FFNAM as Infantry. If the vehicle had only spent less than 1/4 of its MPs, the crew would have been considered to have been using 4 MF during the survival. One for disembarking and three more because of rule D5.6

Bjørnar

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since D6.5 (generally discussing unloading) also discusses bailing out, abandoning, and surviving, it seems that the same calculation of MF apply. If the AFV expended any MP before the bail out, then the bailing rider expends 3 MF clamoring underneath the vehicle. If the AFV used more than 1/4 of its MP allotment, the bailing rider expends 2 MF. If the AFV used more than 1/2 of its MP allotment, the bailing rider expends 1 MF in the process.

Seems logical, fits within the rules and gives meaning to all the relevant rules.

da priest

Reaction score
Larry said:
... If the AFV expended any MP before the bail out, then the bailing rider expends 3 MF clamoring underneath the vehicle. ...
chuckle love this type of use...

"clam·or (kl
m
r)
n.
  1. A loud outcry; a hubbub.
  2. A vehement expression of discontent or protest: a clamor under the tank for help.
  3. A loud sustained noise." modified a tad...:halo:
Seems to fit, eh?:laugh: :laugh:

Bjoernar

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Larry said:
Since D6.5 (generally discussing unloading) also discusses bailing out, abandoning, and surviving, it seems that the same calculation of MF apply. If the AFV expended any MP before the bail out, then the bailing rider expends 3 MF clamoring underneath the vehicle. If the AFV used more than 1/4 of its MP allotment, the bailing rider expends 2 MF. If the AFV used more than 1/2 of its MP allotment, the bailing rider expends 1 MF in the process.

Seems logical, fits within the rules and gives meaning to all the relevant rules.

Hi

Thanks for correcting my wrong MF calcs. :) I was a little to fast

Bjørnar