Melee Withdrawal Timing

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Half-squad is in melee with an immobilized vehicle. Troops friendly to the vehicle advance into the melee.

CC is sequential because of the vehicle.

May the half-squad withdraw without being attacked by the enemy infantry/vehicle because it gets to go first in the sequential CC?

Or does the half-squad declare its intent to withdraw and then is able to do so after any subsequent CC attacks by the enemy infantry/vehicle are completed?

Thanks ahead of time...

JT

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Half-squad is in melee with an immobilized vehicle. Troops friendly to the vehicle advance into the melee.

CC is sequential because of the vehicle.

May the half-squad withdraw without being attacked by the enemy infantry/vehicle because it gets to go first in the sequential CC?

Or does the half-squad declare its intent to withdraw and then is able to do so after any subsequent CC attacks by the enemy infantry/vehicle are completed?

Thanks ahead of time...

JT
Withdrawal actually occurs AFTER all attacks declared v the withdrawing unit are resolved (barring infiltration and ambush withdrawal).

NRBH so can't cite exact rules reference...but I think it's A11.2 and probably the last sentence.

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
NRBH so can't cite exact rules reference...but I think it's A11.2 and probably the last sentence.
Impressive.

A11.2 last sentence: "Any withdrawing unit which is not eliminated/reduced/captured in the CCPh successfully withdraws, and if previously concealed retains that “?” provided it withdraws into a non-Open Ground Location (12.14)."

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Amazing that it has not been over-written by MtG flavor text....

Thanks... I thought so... but confirmation is always useful.

JT

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Amazing that it has not been over-written by MtG flavor text....

Thanks... I thought so... but confirmation is always useful.

JT
My favorite MtG flavor Text--

"Oi oi oi, me gotta hurt in 'ere,
Oi oi oi, me smell a ting is near,
Gonna bosh 'n gonna nosh 'n da hurt'll disappear."

-Uthden Troll

close second-

"Ach, Hans, RUN! It's the Lurgoyff!"