Meet the Dwarves!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the direction Jackson is taking the Hobbit, steering away from the cartoonish version and making it a movie with "realism."

Apparently Jackson is going to go into the same depth on the dwarven culture as he did with the elves in LotR.

Those are some kick-ass fighting dwarves!
:thumup:

View attachment 33871

Edit- added new picts

Last edited:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, that does look "right" to me as well. I wonder if that is Del Toro's work.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Might have been, he said he was making this a much darker & gritter film than the LotR's.
Those dwarves look "meaner" than Gimili's character.

I suspect there will be a lot more fighting and action shown throughout the movie than was described in the book.
The fight & flight in the Goblin mines should be more extensive and exciting just like the Fellowships fight in Balin's Tomb & their flight down the stairs in Moria. (Or so I'm hoping)

With Jackson's interest in large battles the "Battle of Five Armies" should be on the scale & scope of the Pelennor Fields battle at Minas Tirth and occupy the last 1/4 of the second movie.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I won't look at it to not spoil the movie for me. But after all this waiting and uncertainty I am so glad that it looks like the team and money picked in the end goes down the path of doing it right. Yeah!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They added Bilbo & Gandalf to the shot...
Big group, I hope they give each dwarf some "action" and screen time plus a bit of character.

I wonder if they will be wearing their mentioned identifying colored cloaks?

View attachment 33925