Media melts down over Trump's alleged 'S-H' comment

Martin Mayers

Personally, I don't see the problem. This comment, if it was made at all, was uttered during a private meeting about the thorny issue of immigration was being discussed.

Of Crudeness and Truth

Yeah. This ^
I don't think the article really understands what happened in Rotherham, and doesn't really understand how those bastards groomed and controlled the girls they raped. It reads like a Doggie, anti-Brit/Euro, rant and loses credibility.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Staff member
Administrator
First name
Don
I don't think the article really understands what happened in Rotherham, and doesn't really understand how those bastards groomed and controlled the girls they raped. It reads like a Doggie, anti-Brit/Euro, rant and loses credibility.
Don't agree at all. I thought that article was exactly on target.

City Journal said:
Enter President Donald Trump. He is a rude and crude person. He speaks like a Queens real estate guy on a construction site. And because he does not have good manners, he thoughtlessly breaks the rules with which the Left has sought to muzzle those who disagree with them. In this regard, I frequently compare Trump to Randle Patrick McMurphy, the loudmouthed, ill-mannered roustabout from Ken Kesey’s brilliant novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. McMurphy comes into an insane asylum controlled by a pleasant, smiling nightmare of a head nurse named Ratched. Nurse Ratched, while pretending to be the soul of motherly care, is actually a castrating, silencing tyrant. Her rules of good manners, supposedly fashioned for the benefit of all, are really a system of mental slavery. All of McMurphy’s salient character flaws suddenly become heroic in the context of her oppression. Only his belligerent ignorance of what constitutes good behavior can overturn the velvet strangulation of her rule.

For Nurse Ratched, read Hillary Clinton, CNN, the New York Times, Yale University, Twitter, and Google/YouTube—all the tender ministers of polite silence and enforced dishonesty. If Donald Trump’s boorishness crashes like a bull through the crystal madhouse of their leftism—well, good. It’s about time.

Martin Mayers

Don't agree at all. I thought that article was exactly on target.
You can only really ever take any kind of meaningful action when someone actually feels like a victim. And the very deep rooted issue in Rotherham (and Rochdale) was that these guys were so clever and manipulative that their victims didn't really feel like victims. They were so troubled in many cases.

In the Rochdale case there was one particular young girl. Probably about 14. They needed her testimony to bust the ring open and she wouldn't provide it because she thought the guy abusing her was her "boyfriend".

Seriously...it's not as easy as "a load of Asians raping white kids and everyone's looking the other way". Absolutely not.

Take it from me, with a friend who is a policeman and who was involved in the Rochdale prosecutions, and a friend of my wife's who is a social worker in Rochdale, it's NOT black and white. It's far more complex and nor is it institutional. It's a few people in key positions of control.

Tell me....how can you prosecute someone for a crime, when the victim of the crime says that the perpetrator was their boyfriend and treated them very well.

The wankers didn't pick on rich kids from privileged backgrounds, or kids who had fathers who would go round and beat the living shit out of them. They picked on kids with mental health issues, and other troubles, easily frightened, and easily controlled. They fed, clothed, and provided shelter for these kids whilst also then raping them. A lot of these kids felt that this was better treatment than they received from the social care system.

A very complex issue.

And the reason they cracked these rings is purely because of some very self-sacrificing social workers and policemen and women who were able to persuade some of these kids to do the right thing. But it took absolutely fucking years.

Last edited:

Martin Mayers

Ironically, the Rochdale case was successfully prosecuted when a newly appointed Chief Prosecutor called Nazir Afzal, a first generation British Pakistani, reviewed the files on the petition of a discredited social worker and went after them, ultimately successfully. Up until then it was a lack of credibility on the part of the very few victims willing to speak up, which had meant the CPS felt they did not have the evidence to pursue.

(I actually live in the town of Heywood, Rochdale where this all happened).

Ed Caswell

Gold Supporting Member
I find it damned refreshing for anyone to use crude language to get a point across. Politically correct language makes me want to puke. I am also sick to death of snowflakes who seek refuge from harsh language. I have also been in 3rd World countries that sure are shitholes.
Ed

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Lets see, there was the Burr Conspiracy, the Dread Scott Decision, the Dryfus affair, the McCarthy trials, Watergate. Our generation has Shitholegate, nice.

Last edited:

Doggie

Put the Haitians and Africans into Hawaii and Hawaii will become a shithole overnight. Every neighborhood in Europe and North America where Haitians and Africans established themselves has become a shithole. Replace the Haitians with Norwegians and Haiti will become a resort area. Liberals can't accept accpt reality if it soddomized them.

zgrose

First name
Zoltan
So because he said it in a private meeting, he didn’t really mean it and won’t actually do anything to act on or by those opinions? Can’t agree with that at all.

Blackcloud6

My gosh, have you guys ever heard how Johnson and Nixon talked in some of their meetings, phone calls and other conversations? And they taped them!

zgrose

First name
Zoltan
My gosh, have you guys ever heard how Johnson and Nixon talked in some of their meetings, phone calls and other conversations? And they taped them!
How Trump speaks, or attempts to speak, isn't the issue (to the people that don't help Nigerian princes with their fortunes). If he had said 'trash pile', 'dump', 'god-awful' or any number of 'better' words, he would still be making yet another derogatory statement non-whites.

The guy has no filter. We get it, he won. It's going to take some bold *action* to prove he isn't as racist as he comes off.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Staff member
Administrator
First name
Don
It's pretty clear Hillary and Obama had nothing but contempt for large segments of our own society, often slagging them as "deplorables," "bitter clingers," and "angry whites." And had Obama's staff run like little tattletale bitches to the press every time he uttered something in private -- which being human and deeply ideological he surely did -- then conservatives would have had even more to gnash their teeth over.

I think Trump is about as concerned with what liberals think of him as Obama was with conservatives. In other words, he couldn't care less.

Personally, I don't see that as a good thing. I believe this cycle of contempt and faux outrage is leading us nowhere good. And the worst thing is we're all aware of it, and we recognize it's a huge problem that's going to eventually be our undoing, and yet we just can't seem to do anything about it.

I blame a lot of that on A) the rise of social media and the trolling culture it has fostered, B) the employment of identity politics as a tool to inflame and weaponize populations for political leverage, and C) the rapid devolution of the establishment media into political operatives and shameless ideological hacks rather than honest news people. Slowly but surely, America is becoming as balkanized as Yugoslavia was, with people finding fault with every single possible thing the people on the other side do. Even during the most fractious years of the '60s, most people in congress and across the US still managed to get along for the most part. Now, people are being taught to hate.

Facts no longer matter. Now it's all about striking a pose, lecturing others, and delegitimizing anyone who dares to disagree. Bush was a monkey, Obama was a Manchurian Muslim, and Trump is the Orange Fuhrer. No one is listening, they're just talking. Facts, and policy, and common sense are out the window.

JimWhite

Silver Supporting Member
The guy has no filter. We get it, he won. It's going to take some bold *action* to prove he isn't as racist as he comes off.
I doubt this will count for anybody but non-race baiters...but I'll throw it out there.

Senator Rand Paul on Meet the Press said:
“I know personally about his feelings towards Haiti and toward Central America because when I was not a candidate for president and he wasn’t a candidate for president I went down there on a medical mission trip. I did about 200 cataract surgeries with a group of surgeons in Haiti, and the same in Central America, and when we asked Donald J. Trump as a private citizen to support those trips, he was a large financial backer of both medical mission trips.

So I think it’s unfair to sort of draw conclusions from a remark that I think wasn’t constructive is the least we can say, and I think it's unfair then to all of a sudden paint him as ‘oh well he’s a racist’ when I know for a fact he cares very deeply about the people in Haiti because he helped finance a trip where we were able to get vision back for 200 people in Haiti.”

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Twitter
dhm1353
The quote has been confirmed. Senator's Durbin & Graham have confirmed that the statements were made. Albeit Sen, Graham's comments were relayed through Senator Scott.

Senator Tim Cotton did not say the comments were not made but that he did not recall. This is the same Senator that is in line to become the Trump's next CIA Director. he is not about to cut his own throat.
Sen. Cotton said he didn't hear Trump say that.

Sen. Perdue said Trump did not say it.

Sen. Graham supposedly told Sen. Scott (R-SC) that the news reports were "basically accurate." Graham has said nothing publicly about what Trump supposedly said.

The only person in the room who "confirmed" the leak was Little Dick Durbin... who, mathematically, had to be the leaker. Little Dick also has a track record of lying about private meetings, including at least one in Obama's White House.

Last edited:

MrP

Smile,you won didn't you?
“we do not recall the president saying these comments specifically.” - Perdue and Cottons joint statement. Hardly ringing denial, more like mealy mouthed political weasel words.

No matter. The man's still an utter wankstain.
Sen. Cotton said he didn't hear Trump say that.

Sen. Perdue said Trump did not say it.

Sen. Graham supposedly told Sen. Scott (R-SC) that the news reports were "badically accurate." Graham has said nothing publicly about what Trump supposedly said.

The only person in the room who "confirmed" the leak was Little Dick Durbin... who, mathematically, had to be the leaker. Little Dick also has a track record of lying about private meetings, including at least one in Obama's White House.

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Twitter
dhm1353
“we do not recall the president saying these comments specifically.” - Perdue and Cottons joint statement. Hardly ringing denial, more like mealy mouthed political weasel words.

No matter. The man's still an utter wankstain.
(CNN)Georgia Republican Sen. David Perdue said Sunday that President Donald Trump did not use the phrase "shithole countries" during a meeting with lawmakers on immigration reform last week.

"I'm telling you he did not use that word, George, and I'm telling you it's a gross misrepresentation," Perdue told moderator George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "This Week."

[...]

Perdue and Arkansas Republican Sen. Tom Cotton said in a Friday statement that they did not recall the "shithole" comment, and like Perdue, Cotton on Sunday accused Durbin of misrepresenting Trump's comments.

"I didn't hear it, and I was sitting no further away from Donald Trump than Dick Durbin was," Cotton said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

Perdue on Sunday alluded to a 2013 back-and-forth in which Durbin said a Republican member of Congress made a rude remark to then-President Barack Obama, only to have the White House deny the remark happened, and an official attribute it in part to a "miscommunication" between the White House and Senate Democrats.

[...]
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/14/politics/david-perdue-kirstjen-nielsen-daca/index.html