Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

Ryan101st

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone tried the demo yet? What did you think?

I was pretty impressed by it. I like the fact that you are now able to give orders to your squad, telling them to move forward, fall back, ect. The graphics are a lot better than I though they would be, almost as good as Far Cry's.

The one thing that bothered me was the battle where you had to shoot down the Japanese fighters. It basically only took about 5 shots from the 50 cal. to get the plane to burst into flames. I mean I know the MOH series has never really been that realistic when it comes to weapon damage, but I think this may be pushing it a bit too far.

But other then that I thought it was great.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ryan101st said:
Has anyone tried the demo yet? What did you think?

I was pretty impressed by it. I like the fact that you are now able to give orders to your squad, telling them to move forward, fall back, ect. The graphics are a lot better than I though they would be, almost as good as Far Cry's.

The one thing that bothered me was the battle where you had to shoot down the Japanese fighters. It basically only took about 5 shots from the 50 cal. to get the plane to burst into flames. I mean I know the MOH series has never really been that realistic when it comes to weapon damage, but I think this may be pushing it a bit too far.

But other then that I thought it was great.
:-O
They took away my other thread in which I posted stuff about the demo and my impressions, fresh out of battle. I thought it was superb. It isn't the most realistic thing (as you pointed out), but the graphics are sweet, and the physics are nice.

Ryan101st

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So that’s why I couldn’t find it. I knew I saw a thread on this demo somewhere, but when I did a search, nothing came up. I just assumed that it was a post about the demo in an unrelated thread that I was thinking of.

Viking67

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ryan101st said:
Don't be so sure. Remember, Japanese planes had no armor and thier fuel tanks were not sealed to protect against bullet strikes. It took very little to get the Zeros to go down in flames, except during the early days of the war when our fighters couldn't match thier manuverability.

Attica

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played this demo and thought that is was great. I liked the jungle cover. It made it very difficult to find the enemy. I liked the .50 cal. It was fun to try and shoot the zero's down.