MechWarrior: Dark Age

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I play a game from WizKids called MechWarrior: Dark Age. It is based on the BattleTech universe from FASA. It probably similar to Warhammer 40k, though I have never played that. Dark Age is a "clicky" game: all of a units stats are contained on the base and dial, which changes as it takes damage during a game. The types of units are infantry, vehicles, and Mechs. The Mechs have a second dial for its heat curve. It is a fascinating game, and I was wondering if anyone else played, and had any tips.

WizKids has some other games, like MageKnight, HeroClix (DC, Marvel, and Indy versions), MLB, and others. Their website is here:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Your link is dead, but it put me in mind of another section on the same site.

My younger cousin is the 2003 World Champion for MechWarrior.

You can get to the same WizKids site (as posted above) with the following link, but it's direct to where you can see Dean Sohnle as World Champ. (Which is the only reason I have this in my favorites; I've never played the game).

Check it out here!

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Clickies...ACK!:spill: I used to play BT back when you had LAMs and Mechwarrior was an RPG... back when FASA had the rights that is.

Fenrir

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played tons of BT back from early '85 up to about '95 and now i have recently pulled it back out....

I still have all the Technical Readouts and such. I play on my miniatures tables and just replace the word "hex" or "hexes" with the words "inch" or "inches". That allows me to use all my 6mm scale buildings and scenery from Epic Scale Warhammer.

I still think it's a great game. I have the rules for, but have never played with the new "Proto-Mechs"....they lay somewhere between an Elemental Suit and a Light Mech.

I have no idea what the new little "clicky" things are about.....I still throw down with pencil and paper. I've seen them in the stores but they say "Mech Warrior" on them and to me "MechWarrior" means RPG and RPG means "too much sneaking and talking--not enough shooting and exploding Mechs!!"

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, Dark Age doesn't have any RPG stuff in it, unless you count the Unique Mechs, which are special Mechs with a pilot and dossier to go with it. All the stuff you need to play is on the base dial, the rule book, and the special equipment card. (Special equipment being Streak Missiles, Jump Jets, Camouflage, Decoy, etc.)