May a SW set up unpossessed?

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Not something I've ever considered up until my current scenario setup...

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes. Unpossessed but not concealed. Not sure about HIP. There's no rule prohibiting SW in unpossessed setup in ASL -- unlike ASLSK (as learned from JRV posts...)

Last edited:

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pretty sure HIP is not allowed in concealed is not?
Research on gamesquad has me finding wiser types than I allowing unpossessed SW setup HIP in a Pillbox for instance... and revealed when PB is revealed... I think that backs up your general sense while allowing an exception.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Point taken, although I would need to do some digging and pondering before I'd make that call.

I would find it exceeding hard to believe that any unpossessed weapon could set up HIP without some special circumstance like a Pill Box or specific SSR.

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Unpossessed SW cannot generally set up hip. In a hip PB tgey coukd as they lose ? Status with the PB. Generally though, they can't.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Only units and fortifications can be concealed. An unpossessed SW can neither gain nor retain concealment (A12.11, final sentence). And HIP status is considered equivalent to concealment for most purposes (including this one).

A Pillbox/Bunker, OTOH, will be setup HIP along with all of its contents (not just units) - unpossessed SW included:

B30.7 ...If a pillbox sets up hidden, so do its contents.​

And once the fortification is revealed, any unpossessed SW inside would be placed onboard, but still unable to be inspected by the enemy:

B30.7 ...The contents of a pillbox cannot be inspected by an opposing player except to verify the details of an announced attack (or successful SMOKE placement) from that pillbox.​