May a Leader on foot FG direct a Halftrack MG?

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I would highly imagine the answer is yes, since this folder is specifically the unofficial "Perry Sez" collection. General rules questions or opinions live back in the ASL Rules & Errata folder.

Yarlis

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
However, D6.65 says a "Passenger leader may direct an OVR/CC attack in which other Passengers take part, but may not be used to direct the halftrack alone".

If a Passenger leader cannot direct the fire of the MG halftrack alone, maybe a leader on foot cannot do it, unless making a FG with Passengers.

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Oberst Balck said:
Is this an answer from Perry ?
Sorry for not seeing this earlier, like half a year ago. Yes, it was an answer provided during a game of Hill 253.5 at ASLOK.

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Related Q

Same sit. as above how would AFV leader be handled in conjuction with/without passengers in a HT?

/S :devil:

da priest

Reaction score
larth said:
Sorry for not seeing this earlier, like half a year ago. Yes, it was an answer provided during a game of Hill 253.5 at ASLOK.
Strange..so it was a verbal question to Perry?

We have no written question, and no written answer......so is the one written here an exact rendition of the question? Was it asked in a vacuum, or related to a specific situation? Was the Halftrack empty and the Leader alone with it in the Location? Or was there a FG? What was in the FG, if there was one?

Think I'll ignore this one until the Journal posts it or it shows up on the MMP website.....:smoke:

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
da priest said:
Strange..so it was a verbal question to Perry?

We have no written question, and no written answer......so is the one written here an exact rendition of the question? Was it asked in a vacuum, or related to a specific situation? Was the Halftrack empty and the Leader alone with it in the Location? Or was there a FG? What was in the FG, if there was one?
Correct. As Perry was about one meter away from me there was need to write down the question. It was an exact rendition. It was not asked in a vacuum (the strange atmosphere in the main room at ASLOK hardly qualifies for that). Yes, it was related to a specific situation (a Leader on foot with a SPW 251/1 firing at a squad in a Foxhole in my game vs. Aaron). The HT was empty - see the original Q. No, unless a Leader and a MG qualifies for FG.

da priest said:
Think I'll ignore this one until the Journal posts it or it shows up on the MMP website.....:smoke:
Well, if you haven't seen this thread the last two years it is not gonna make big difference, it it? :devious:

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Fiedler said:
Related Q

Same sit. as above how would AFV leader be handled in conjuction with/without passengers in a HT?

/S :devil:
An AL in a HT is qualified by the D6.65 next to last sentence, which says a CE AL can only direct other units' fire if their FP is added to that of the HT non-ordnance fire to form a FG.
An AL can not be on foot (Infantry) per D3.43.

Last edited: