Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi WHQ people,

I'm just leaving the Matrix Vol 3 film.
I fell very impressive.
It is a very very good film.:love:
Battle scenes are amazing. Those Drilling Robots are superbs.
And the Human mech warior are Magnifique, a General dream :D

The End is hummmm Bizarre, I think the words exchanged in Vol 2 between Neo and the Architect could highlight this end

Anyway my advice run run to see it. This is really a great film, it could be defined too as a great war film (IMHO)

My best regards to all of you

Der WanderDelighted:)

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree with my French compatriot! The movie has some action scenes that go non-stop for 45 minutes (The Battle for Zion) that just blow your hair back. My interpretation of the end would indeed support JL's, athough I hesitate to mention my thoughts here for fear of ruining it for anyone.

All, I can say is "Persiphone" :love:

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Siberian HEAT said:
All, I can say is "Persiphone" :love:
For the FRENCH ONLY, the Merovingien Program I say, take care or you will be on the somewhere Else Station, and The Train Program won't pick you up

And the 2 Rocket launcher Girls hummmm:love:.

Trinity isn't too bad too, to bony for me, there is a lack of Frontal sloped armor LOL

Der WanderMerovingien

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hummm....

If you want a different review, Matrix 3 is probably the biggest fraud in the history of film, no surprise the press couldnt see it before its release, its a real shame, I mean it, the scenario is inexistant, the movie is overloaded with ridiculous new-age-wanabee philosophy, its visually ugly and the ending is plain silly...I felt robbed when I left the theater.

So, save your bucks, there is much better american movies out there, like Mystic River or Elephant, a true masterpiece

MikeJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm with Boonierat on this one.

The first Matrix, I thought was great, if only because the special effects and plot were fresh. But the second and third were just a big rehash of the same old. Fight scenes were getting WAY too long in the second and third installments. Also, the first movie didn't suffer from trying to be 'deep'. The second and third were filled with gratuitous pseudo-intellectual nonsense and I can only take so many cheesy metaphors before I feel like puking.

Though, I will say if you just want to go zone out on an action flick, MR does the job and better than most of the crap that passes for action movies these days.

LOTR on the other hand, now there's a series. Not trying to be more than it is, though I wasn't too happy with all the extra Liv Tyler scenes in Twin Towers. Sure, they needed to give her something to do so she didn't feel like a total knob at the premiere and I guess people like looking at her, but just not necessary.

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MikeJ,

What about Terminator 3? Have you watched that one?

I don't really watch movies a lot, in fact, I don't have television. I'm very selective about what movies to watch. I'm just curious was Terminator 3 good or not?

As for Lords of Ring, I haven't watched it yet, as I have very little interest in fantasy movies. I always thought spells and magic were corny at best. But I've heard the battle scenes are nothing, but of spectacular sort. Is this true or not?

Thanks,
Dan

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
laszlo.nemedi said:
Hey, Dan, that's great. Not an usual in the civilized world. (I see tv 20-30 minutes per day, and back to books :D
Yup, I have nine books to read....four for classes only, and the other five books are:

1.) Rick Atkinson, An Army At Dawn: The War in North Africa, 1942-1943, (New York: Henry Holt & Co., 2002)

2.) Donald Kagan, The Pelopponesian War, (New York: Penguin Co., 2003)

3.) Manuel Komroff, Talleyrand, (New York: Julian Messner, 1965)

4.) Robert McNamara, In Retrospect: The Tragedy And Lessons Of Vietnam, (New York: Vintage Books, 1996)

5.) Alexis De Tocqueville, Democracy In America, trans. and edited by Harvey Mansfield and Delba Winthrop, (Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 2000) Actually this book has two volumes: the first one was published in 1835 and second in 1840.

In addition to these books above, I also have at least five books for my research paper on America's relationship with De Gaulle during his presidential years.

So, yes, my head is filled with a lot of books....

Finally, I am waiting for my long awaited book, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Unity, which I willl then immediately dive in and read it, shutting off the world and fanatical liberals screaming injustice in the US occupation of Iraq and Israel thrumping over Palestinians.

I like to think myself sophisticated and cultured but with rough American nationalism! :D

Dan

MikeJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aside from the ending (which was a pleasant surprise) I didn't really like T3 either. It was like MR in that respect... if you just want to go watch an action flick, why not, but don't expect it to do the series justice.