Matrix Games D-Day Sale

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
War Plan Pacific?

I haven't played it, but it sounded good when Three Moves Ahead interviewed the designer way back in Episode 4 (which was the episode that convinced me I really liked TMA).

There is also War in the Pacific, kind of Matrix's companion to War in the East. I'm occasionally tempted to try the latter, but I don't have the six months to spare to dive into it without coming up for air. ;)

I need to get back to Pacific General, and do more than poke at two scenarios. It looked like SSI might have actually found a way to get the PG engine to handle carrier warfare without being silly.

Oh, and you might want to check Carriers at War, which is an update of the classic '80s SSG title (never played any version of it though).

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
War Plan Pacific?

I haven't played it, but it sounded good when Three Moves Ahead interviewed the designer way back in Episode 4 (which was the episode that convinced me I really liked TMA).
I tried the demo last year. Eh. Didn't really strike a cord, and it is really showing its age now.

There is also War in the Pacific, kind of Matrix's companion to War in the East. I'm occasionally tempted to try the latter, but I don't have the six months to spare to dive into it without coming up for air. ;)
That is one I definitely would love to try, but there is no way in heck I am spending $80 on a game that lacks a demo! Especially when it comes to wargames. :)

Oh, and you might want to check Carriers at War, which is an update of the classic '80s SSG title (never played any version of it though).
I had the original but never got around to playing it (those were the sunset years for my wargaming). I would look at it now...if there was a demo.

Jeez. I really don't know what the problem is with demoing a wargame. :rolleyes: I wish some of these wargame devs would sign up with Onlive. Then people could get to try their products before they buy and the dev doesn't have to worry about making a demo. Also, people could play their wargames anywhere, even on an iPhone. I think cloud computing and wargaming would be a natural fit since lag and 1080p graphics isn't an issue.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I might go for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge on this sale. I have the other two titles in the series and I played a lot of HttR when it first came out. I have not played Conquest of the Agean much though.