Matrix CS - 1.02 Patch is ready

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CampaignSeriesMatrixEdition/JohnTillerCampaignSeries-UpdateDR-v102.zip

V1.02 - July 10, 2007

• All – Engineers and other Mine Clearing Units being damaged by minefields - Fixed

• Rising Sun – Bicycles not moving – Fixed

• All – Motorcycles and horses shooting - Fixed

• East Front – 2D unit counters seem to be off center. – Fixed

• East Front - 2D artillery icon off center - Fixed

• All – Tanks not carrying infantry – Fixed

• East Front, West Front – Large number of unit graphic upgrades for East Front (31) and West Front (74)

• All – Assault sounds added and revised

• All – Night graphics was improved.

• West Front – Added US Marines, platoon to corps

• East Front, West Front – all ships no longer have assault value; including landing craft

• East Front – All bunkers are now 10, like the other games.

• East Front, West Front – various unit platoon, weapon and unittext updates

• East Front – Improved concealment

• East Front – Improved OP-Fire routine

• East Front – Dynamic Campaigns – Barbarossa DCG (North, Center and South) order of battles have been recreated from scratch – upgrades come at company level, bypassing original upgrade glitch. Also prevents leader crash in 1943. ALL CAMPAIGNS WILL NEED TO BE RESTARTED FROM 1941 TO WORK!

• East Front – Dynamic Campaigns – Barbarossa DCG – replacements have been improved from mid 1942 to 1945, with the assumption a player will accept higher commands as the campaign progresses.

• East Front – Dynamic Campaigns – General campaign file has been tweaked, hopefully resolving the Congressional Medal of Honour bug.

• West Front – 16 scenarios added – Battle of the Outposts, A Dutch Verdun, Panthers on Hell’s Highway, Cutting the Corridor, Clearing the Corridor, Where There’s Trouble…, The Grim Road to Hoogerheide, Kampfgruppe Chill Strikes Back, The Woods of Overloon, Through Three Miles of Hell, CCR/7 Into the Breach, Give it All Up?, Einsatz der Führer Grenadier Brigade, Battle of Groningen, The Guns of Delfzijl

Does someone want to try and see if their "UPDATE" button works?

Hope that helps
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does someone want to try and see if their "UPDATE" button works?
Hi Jason,

Mine just says I have the most recent version, but I haven't tried clicking it for at least a week or two. To check, I opened East Front and checked the link on the help menu. Says I have version 2.0! So I guess I'm one up on everyone. Nice to be winning for a change.

I'll get it tommorrow through ftp, unless you want me to be your guinea pig. I'm not in a huge hurry. All my engineers are dead anyway.

Lemme know,
Dave

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Jason,

Mine just says I have the most recent version, but I haven't tried clicking it for at least a week or two. To check, I opened East Front and checked the link on the help menu. Says I have version 2.0! So I guess I'm one up on everyone. Nice to be winning for a change.

I'll get it tommorrow through ftp, unless you want me to be your guinea pig. I'm not in a huge hurry. All my engineers are dead anyway.

Lemme know,
Dave
Hi Dave..

I presume they haven't officially updated it yet, so you'll have to manually download it and install it that way, unless you want to wait.

Up to you
Jason Petho

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Yep, the patcher still won't download v1.02, guess it will be up in a few days.

Lots of good stuff added/corrected, keep up the good work Jason :thumup:

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Patch 1.02 Problems

Hello Jason

The patch went in fine on my XP laptop. But there are a few problems on my end. I'm not sure if it's do to the patch but here goes:

1) Allied French unts in the Eye of the Needle scenario have no range to fire. They are all at zero.

2.) The M-20 armored car of the Americans has off-graphics when you click on it to highlight in green for movement or fire.

3.) In a design my own for East Front the L-5 recon spotter aircraft for the Russians is invinsible. You can't seem to kill it no matter what AA you shoot at it. It also has one hell of a close assault attack able to destroy guns and trucks! Maybe that's by design but someone should look at the coding. Seems wierd.

The French is a pretty big one though. If I see anything else I'll pass along!

Best always!
Big Ivan:smoke:

John Given

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone know if this new version of the CS will play on windows 98se? I'm afraid to shell out for it till I know - plus I'm still waiting for the bugs to be resolved.

thanks in advance. ;)

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello Jason

The patch went in fine on my XP laptop. But there are a few problems on my end. I'm not sure if it's do to the patch but here goes:

1) Allied French unts in the Eye of the Needle scenario have no range to fire. They are all at zero.
Yes, that was an error on my part and is remedied at the link below.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1525143

2.) The M-20 armored car of the Americans has off-graphics when you click on it to highlight in green for movement or fire.
Hmm, that's weird. Will check it out.

3.) In a design my own for East Front the L-5 recon spotter aircraft for the Russians is invinsible. You can't seem to kill it no matter what AA you shoot at it. It also has one hell of a close assault attack able to destroy guns and trucks! Maybe that's by design but someone should look at the coding. Seems wierd.
That's even weirder! I'll look into the code and see what's going on. Might be something Wyatt has to fix.

The French is a pretty big one though. If I see anything else I'll pass along!

Best always!
Hope you're well!
Jason Petho

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Anyone know if this new version of the CS will play on windows 98se? I'm afraid to shell out for it till I know - plus I'm still waiting for the bugs to be resolved.

thanks in advance. ;)
It says Windows 98 on the back of the box and was designed in the Windows 98 hay-day, so I would imagine it would.

Jason Petho

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The UPDATE button on the main CS menu is fully functional now.

The 1.02a temporary update will have be added manually still.

Jason Petho

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Hello Again Jason, I hope all is well with you.

Here are some more issues you may not be aware of with Matrix CS Series:

1.) Map names do not come up with created maps in EF. Not sure about the others. But you have to re-add names and resave.

2.) In the OB dialogue when bringing up an OB the year counter points to somewhere in the 1930's instead of the 1940's year you are in. Even when you readjust and save it cames back to the 1930"s.

3.) For Soviet/Russian units in EF it would be nice if the embedded leaders had military protacol names rather than just commander. I also have trouble accepting a Soviet partisan organization with a motorized battalion HQ. It should be foot I would think.

4.) Also for your info I downloaded a few of my old design my own scenarios from the old system. One seems to work and appear fine. The other two I get the familiar "unable to create surface bit map" error and for some strange reason the data in the scenario description has vanished?? Weird to say the least.

4.) For future projects consider the folowing:
With the random battle generator have the system create the type of action more realistically than two lines of battle squaring off. For bridgeheads have it set up in a bridgehead. For pockets have it form a pocket etc. Have it add leaders also to battalion level for all combatants. I love the random generator because you never know what you will get.

Finally Jason thanks loads for all the excellent work you do to improve this system for the CS diehards!!

Take Care!
Big Ivan :)

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello Again Jason, I hope all is well with you.
So far, so good. Thank you for asking!

Here are some more issues you may not be aware of with Matrix CS Series:

1.) Map names do not come up with created maps in EF. Not sure about the others. But you have to re-add names and resave.
Were the maps originally created in Talonsoft EF II 1.02? If so, that is a normal problem. If you don't want to add the labels manually, email me the map and I can convert it for you using my Fall of the Reich disc.

2.) In the OB dialogue when bringing up an OB the year counter points to somewhere in the 1930's instead of the 1940's year you are in. Even when you readjust and save it cames back to the 1930"s.
It is a glitch when the new years were added. It has been noted and hopefully a resolution will be coming.

3.) For Soviet/Russian units in EF it would be nice if the embedded leaders had military protacol names rather than just commander.
Fair enough.

I also have trouble accepting a Soviet partisan organization with a motorized battalion HQ. It should be foot I would think.
That is an error on my part and I will correct it.

4.) Also for your info I downloaded a few of my old design my own scenarios from the old system. One seems to work and appear fine. The other two I get the familiar "unable to create surface bit map" error and for some strange reason the data in the scenario description has vanished?? Weird to say the least.
Hmm. Odds are a unit type that is in one of the old scenarios is no longer present, or the bmp for it was renamed.

5.) For future projects consider the folowing:
With the random battle generator have the system create the type of action more realistically than two lines of battle squaring off. For bridgeheads have it set up in a bridgehead. For pockets have it form a pocket etc. Have it add leaders also to battalion level for all combatants. I love the random generator because you never know what you will get.
Quite honestly, I do not see the random generator being worked on in the near future.

Finally Jason thanks loads for all the excellent work you do to improve this system for the CS diehards!!
All our pleasure. There is a lot in the works, so stay tuned!!

Hope you're well
Jason Petho

Last edited:

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Thanks Jason

"Were the maps originally created in Talonsoft EF II 1.02? If so, that is a normal problem. If you don't want to add the labels manually, email me the map and I can convert it for you using my Fall of the Reich disc."

No they were created using the new Matrix CS system.

It is good to hear there is a lot in the works. Can't wait!! Is there ever going to be or maybe there is already a "Unit Manual" given all the data on the various units in EF-WF _RS?

Thanks
Big Ivan

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No they were created using the new Matrix CS system.
Hmm, that is bizarre. Works ok on my end. I would try it again tonight.

It is good to hear there is a lot in the works. Can't wait!! Is there ever going to be or maybe there is already a "Unit Manual" given all the data on the various units in EF-WF _RS?
Eventually, yes. In the meantime there is a fantastic user created tool that is available here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1534632

Hope that helps!
Jason Petho

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Jason

For years I was waiting for "night rules" to be within West Front. Now my wait is over for I played my first design my own battle in West Front using night rules! Wow! It was great and the A/I didn't do bad!

A very big thanks to you and the JTCS team for making this happen!

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Hi Jason

The patch link you provided long ago to fix he Fench in JTCS-West Front 1.02 upgrade no longer works. Can you re-submit a new link?
Thanks!

Big Ivan