Mastodon

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
So, I have successfully set up an account.

I'll be god damned if I can navigate the byzantine architecture of Mastadon to do anything beyond reading the vanilla comments that come up when I log in.

How or where do I find and/or access this purported wargamer server?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
So, I have successfully set up an account.

I'll be god damned if I can navigate the byzantine architecture of Mastadon to do anything beyond reading the vanilla comments that come up when I log in.

How or where do I find and/or access this purported wargamer server?
Finally....I got a reply from the hallowed halls of Mastadon.....

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
So, I finally got there. Tried to publish a comment.

Where's it at?

....there it is, on a different page altogether?

<sigh> Just a geriatric trying to keep up with how the world interacts these days....

trailrunner

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I'm not sure about this platform. I signed up OK on my computer. Then I downloaded the app on my phone and tried to log in. After 10 or 15 minutes I gave up.

I still have the tab open on my computer from when I signed up. I'm afraid if I close the tab I won't be able to log on again.

Maybe I just need to use it for a while.

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
<sigh> Just a geriatric trying to keep up with how the world interacts these days....
It's not just you. Mastodon is not ready for primetime. It's a confusing mess for the average user. I checked it out, then backed away slowly like Homer Simpson blending into a hedge. Good news for Mastodon is Consimworld holds the trophy for baffling community design. 🤣

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Actually .. it's not confusing at all. Wargamers.social is a great landing spot for wargamers .. and I am getting pretty good news from areas in the world that would normally be censored. That's cause anyone can set up a federated server (and connect to the world) and there's no "central" place for anyone to clamp down on.

Interactions are a lot better and more substantial than some other platforms. I understand some folks might feel lost when there's no millionaire written algorithms deciding what information to push in front of you.

Nothing is built for everyone (ASL included), that's for sure. I take on new designs and new elements quite readily though. LOVING it!

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Yeah, I'm not sure about this platform. I signed up OK on my computer. Then I downloaded the app on my phone and tried to log in. After 10 or 15 minutes I gave up.

I still have the tab open on my computer from when I signed up. I'm afraid if I close the tab I won't be able to log on again.

Maybe I just need to use it for a while.
It's not just you. Mastodon is not ready for primetime. It's a confusing mess for the average user. I checked it out, then backed away slowly like Homer Simpson blending into a hedge. Good news for Mastodon is Consimworld holds the trophy for baffling community design. 🤣
Well, speaking as that geriatric of questionable competence....I do believe the secret to the introduction revolves around getting to the right server. I managed to find a Wargame centered server...and don't ask me anything about this server in particular or servers in general. Not enough to be fluent, but enough to get started.

I think this URL will get you to somewhere you could get to this wargamer server.....maybe....