Master of the Snow Tournament

Reaction score
That's a very kind offer, sir! Much appreciated. :hail:
I'd like to play for points...

Just wondering - what happened to Taktik's other two games? Presumably they weren't played either?

For the purposes of the tournament, you would play for points, I would play ... to play. I already have three games worth of points. Any more would be unfair. As far as the ladder, full results would be reported.

Reaction score
Country
llJapan
For the purposes of the tournament, you would play for points, I would play ... to play. I already have three games worth of points. Any more would be unfair. As far as the ladder, full results would be reported.
OK, that sounds great, Ed. I'm away for the weekend, but I'll send the set-up over on Tuesday. It'll be the same as my Taktik game - CMAK, you attacking as Allied. Hope that's alright with you.

Once again, thanks a lot for stepping in, sir! :salute:

Stndrtnfhr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My game with the Hooded One is over. Final score Stndrtnfhr 3278, Hooded One 680. This one went a lot of extra turns that did not help my worth opponent.

Stndrtnfhr Out!

Taktik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Crap. I see I messed things up here. I was certain Andy had moved on to find a new opponent or claim a victory after exchanging some emails some time ago. Here was our last correspondence, I hope you don't mind me posting it, there is nothing personal in nature.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great vacation, thanks!
Yeah, we're still playing this one....!!!! The tourney is still going and most folks have finished up. Shame your enthusiasm has waned....a quick flurry of files and the agony will be over in no time...lol. I don't know anything about replacements - it's kind of late in the day for that (the tourney was supposed to have finished at the beginning of April). You could always concede the game, of course, if it is really too tiresome to continue!

Cheers,

Andy.

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 5:22 AM, Craig Wike <vonwike1@comcast.net> wrote:

Hi Andy!

How was vacation? I hope all is well. Are we still playing this one? Is the tourney still going? I haven't been to the forum in weeks and weeks. If you want to get a replacement for this one, I wouldn't mind at all <hint, hint>. Loading up CM lately has been excruciating lol

Best,
Craig

---------------

From the gist of this I thought Andy had gone on to find a replacement or claim a victory. I couldn't find any email after this that I had sent Andy to confirm he had done either of the above and that is my error for having thought about it but not implement it.

No excuses, just an explanation. I was indeed selfish and thoughtless. I placed a self imposed no-gaming ban on myself to get a headstart getting a new career going the last 2 months or so. Only sent a turn here or there to keep games alive. I conceeded a huge game with Okimaw that I knew I couldn't finish. Since Andy and I hadn't really started playing our game, I figured it best to stop before it got started after my long delays.

The disconnect was my fault. Apologies for the lack of consideration.

And, as for the first game, I won that one. Again, I thought I'd posted the results at one point :(

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ok believe it or not all my games are complete. :clap:

final scores:

Stndrtnfhr: total defeat, 597 points

Bertram: major victory, 2,460 points

Taktik: minor defeat, 994 points

Mr Numberz, perhaps you could tally these up on the tourney page? i seem to be unable to locate the link to personally add in the point totals.

as noted before, the assaults are pretty lopsided, with the defender at an immense advantage. the meeting engagements are more balanced.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ok believe it or not all my games are complete. :clap:

final scores:

Stndrtnfhr: total defeat, 597 points

Bertram: major victory, 2,460 points

Taktik: minor defeat, 994 points

Mr Numberz, perhaps you could tally these up on the tourney page? i seem to be unable to locate the link to personally add in the point totals.

as noted before, the assaults are pretty lopsided, with the defender at an immense advantage. the meeting engagements are more balanced.
So Stndrtnfhr was totally defeated?
an Bertram had a major victory?
Taktik had a minor defeat?
WHAT IS YOUR SCORES IN THESE GAMES?
Or am I missing something.???:nuts:

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So Stndrtnfhr was totally defeated?
an Bertram had a major victory?
Taktik had a minor defeat?
WHAT IS YOUR SCORES IN THESE GAMES?
Or am I missing something.???:nuts:
just the opposite. "I" was totally defeated against Stndrtnfhr, etc.

thought you wanted point totals on this one, but i will give u the score percentages as follows:

vs Stndrtnfhr = 9%
vs Bertram = 80%
vs Taktik = 44%

hope that helps...

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
just the opposite. "I" was totally defeated against Stndrtnfhr, etc.

thought you wanted point totals on this one, but i will give u the score percentages as follows:

vs Stndrtnfhr = 9%
vs Bertram = 80%
vs Taktik = 44%

hope that helps...
Actually I want his score and then your score. IE: 996 to 380
that makes it easier for me.:crosseye::D:smoke:

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually I want his score and then your score. IE: 996 to 380
that makes it easier for me.:crosseye::D:smoke:

boy i had to use a calculator and everything! :surprise:

here they are again, opponent's score first:

Taktik: 1432 vs 994

Bertram: 1019 vs 2460

Stndrtnfhr: 2129 vs 597

basically i got my butt kicked in this tourney...

cheers to my opponents however, all "gentlemen" i'm sure. :toast:

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Joebob Thank you for the info.....there is a game or two not finished but I am sorry gentlemen the tourney is now over. It has gone on to long and some guys have disappeared. I am awarding the medals in the following order.
I am fair and not perfect yet! If there is something I missed let me knowand i will take it under advisement.
Sorry for those that have not finished.:cry:

The standings are!
First place with 6304 points is Stndrtnfhr(letters)
Second place with 3649 points is JoeBob
Third place with 2650 points is Iron Mike USMC

If there is any problems call soon with good excuses, other wise thank you all and see you in the future on a battle field.

2054172:smoke:

Stndrtnfhr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for taking the effort to put this tourny on Mr Numbers, it was great fun.

Stndrtnfhr Out!