4) JoeBob 195

The rest are tied with 0.

Only two battles reported in....how is the rest going?:smoke:

Last edited:

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
my battle with Stndrtnfhr is over. my assault was crushed trying to advance over mostly open terrain against his collection of flags that were in wooded terrain, and totally dug in. i had the misfortune of losing my tank exchanges as well, and suffered severe infantry losses trying to meet the 22+ turn time limit. Stndrtnfhr made very good use of a T-34 with an M16 providing some lethal lead support w/it's quad 50's. If only my shrek hadn't missed...

for the assaults i think 30 or 35+ has to be the minimum to allow your forces to properly scout forward in heavy snow, and hopefully identify strong points.

my meeting engagement game w/Taktik is past the halfway point but is only moving forward at 1 or 2 turns/week. Right now it is at somewhat of a standoff, but obviously that could change...

my defensive battle w/Betram is at a standstill, i've been sending him the same set of moves for over two weeks, but for whatever reason he doesn't appear to be getting them, zipped or unzipped. Maybe i have to post them here! :nuts:

not sure i'm going to making the April deadline... :salute:

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did get them through Gmail. Answer is back tonight. Should be able to respond nightly till end, just use Gmail.

Ah, small town phone/internet companies.

Reaction score
Latest in.....
Standings are as follows!
1) Stndrtnfhr 1985
2) Okimaw 918
3) Bertram 773
4) JoeBob 195

The rest are tied with 0.

Only two battles reported in....how is the rest going?:smoke:
Antoni and I have completed our two games.

I won the Assault 865 to 796. We drew on the ME, with the advantage to me 881 to 820.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The latest standings to date!

Stndrtnfhr: 1985
Iron Mike USMC: 1746
AChmielowski: 1616
Okimaw: 918
Bertram: 773
JoeBob: 195
Taktik: 0
The Hooded One: 0

How are the rest of the games going boys?
I know the Hooded One just got back from Holidays......Tough job being a teacher.:nuts:

I have heard nothing back from Taktik....is he still out there?:OHNO:

Wanted to end this as of April first...I knew that would be pushing it.

Reaction score
Country
llJapan
The latest standings to date!

Stndrtnfhr: 1985
Iron Mike USMC: 1746
AChmielowski: 1616
Okimaw: 918
Bertram: 773
JoeBob: 195
Taktik: 0
The Hooded One: 0

How are the rest of the games going boys?
I know the Hooded One just got back from Holidays......Tough job being a teacher.:nuts:

I have heard nothing back from Taktik....is he still out there?:OHNO:

Wanted to end this as of April first...I knew that would be pushing it.
On turn 17 of my assault game with Okimaw, and about halfway through in my ME with Stndrtnfhr. I humbly apologise for taking a two-week vacation and slowing everything down...:OHNO::paperbag:

My game with Taktik is nowhere. He stopped sending turns for two weeks, then finally sent one saying that his enthusiasm for the game had waned. That was March 9th, and I haven't heard from him since...:blab::mad: :nuts::cry:

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Gentlemen, we have a problem......It looks like Taktik is out.....burnedout so I hear...AGAIN!:mad: Also seems that Bertram has also gone AWOL.....
If I do not hear soon from them I will figure away to resolve the imbalance.....:mad::angry::blab::(
I am open to Ideas if any have them.:OHNO::smoke:

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just heard from Bertram he will be finishing his tournament with Joebob and Okimaw. :D

As for the Taktik situtation......:nuts:

Reaction score
Gentlemen, we have a problem......It looks like Taktik is out.....burnedout so I hear...AGAIN!:mad: Also seems that Bertram has also gone AWOL.....
If I do not hear soon from them I will figure away to resolve the imbalance.....:mad::angry::blab::(
I am open to Ideas if any have them.:OHNO::smoke:
How about,...
Take all of the scores of each his opponents, as played against other tournament participants, and create an average for each of them. That would be the score for each of his opponent's, in his missing games.

Say, his first opponent was player A. For Player A's other two games, get an average score for A, and that would be A's score for that game.

Stndrtnfhr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK. We're now done. The final was a draw, 54-46 Axis (Stndrtnfhr), with 1,041 for the Axis and 904 for the Allies.

The difference was one flag.

Nicely fought.
Agree, Iron Mike's defense caused a lot of infanty casualties and the dreaded bazooka, once again earned its keep. Those side shots are deadly.

Stndrtnfhr Out!

Reaction score
So, are we done yet? It looks like the scores have been updated, but I haven't seen or heard anything announcing a winner.

From what I could see on the ladder, it looks like Stndrtnfhr won. If so, kudos to you sir.
:salute:

Reaction score
Country
llJapan
So, are we done yet? It looks like the scores have been updated, but I haven't seen or heard anything announcing a winner.

From what I could see on the ladder, it looks like Stndrtnfhr won. If so, kudos to you sir.
:salute:
Nope, we're not done, since a certain selfish gentleman by the name of Taktik screwed the whole thing up by not completing his games.

Also, my game with Stndrtnfhr isn't quite finished yet (but very nearly). Seeing as he's totally kicked my arse, he would indeed seem to be a prime candidate for winner: however, I've only played two games and would still like the satisfaction of playing the third (which in my case is defending, surely the easiest of the three...)

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Nope, we're not done, since a certain selfish gentleman by the name of Taktik screwed the whole thing up by not completing his games.

Also, my game with Stndrtnfhr isn't quite finished yet (but very nearly). Seeing as he's totally kicked my arse, he would indeed seem to be a prime candidate for winner: however, I've only played two games and would still like the satisfaction of playing the third (which in my case is defending, surely the easiest of the three...)
Finish with letters (stndrtnfhr) and I will try and make an equalizer.:smoke:

Reaction score

If you want to play that third game, whether or not for points, I'll fill in. If for points, mine won't count, since I have my three games completed.

Reaction score
Country
llJapan
If you want to play that third game, whether or not for points, I'll fill in. If for points, mine won't count, since I have my three games completed.
That's a very kind offer, sir! Much appreciated. :hail:
I'd like to play for points...

Just wondering - what happened to Taktik's other two games? Presumably they weren't played either?

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That's a very kind offer, sir! Much appreciated. :hail:
I'd like to play for points...

Just wondering - what happened to Taktik's other two games? Presumably they weren't played either?
well that is right he never finished them. :smoke: