Master of the Snow Tournament

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now you guys are starting to understand what real snow is like.......I shovel our walk and drive way in the evening....go to bed....get up to a foot and a half in the morning....nothing like a work out before breakfast.:smoke:

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now you guys are starting to understand what real snow is like.......I shovel our walk and drive way in the evening....go to bed....get up to a foot and a half in the morning....nothing like a work out before breakfast.:smoke:
Yea right :lier: FYI everybody, in 2054172's part of the country whenever they get over 2 inches of snow they call out the army to clean the place up. Number's only workout is bringing the nice Sergeant Major some hot cocoa after he's done the driveway and sidewalk :laugh: Now if you want to see some real cold, real snow and real work out's you'll have to head to western Canada, come on down to Okimaw's hood :devious:

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yea right :lier: FYI everybody, in 2054172's part of the country whenever they get over 2 inches of snow they call out the army to clean the place up. Number's only workout is bringing the nice Sergeant Major some hot cocoa after he's done the driveway and sidewalk :laugh: Now if you want to see some real cold, real snow and real work out's you'll have to head to western Canada, come on down to Okimaw's hood :devious:
Well Okimaw your right...you are colder there but less snow...maybe you have not noticed that the Artic does not have snow up to their wazoos? Cold has less ...you know I will not explain the weather to you, here I will just sit back and let you bask in your little ice box.:cool::p:bite::smoke:

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well Okimaw your right...you are colder there but less snow...maybe you have not noticed that the Artic does not have snow up to their wazoos? Cold has less ...you know I will not explain the weather to you, here I will just sit back and let you bask in your little ice box.:cool::p:bite::smoke:

i don't know what u guys are complaining about, here in northern california, the thermometer dropped to almost 35 degrees F, with light rain and wind gusts of almost 25 mph! :hissyfit:

for californians that's some pretty skeery weather! :umbrella:

heh heh... :icon_bs:

Taktik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Still no email back from Andy. Andy! You out there? I sent emails again to the address you posted. How about trying mine? vonwike1@comcast.net

Thanks man!
Craig

Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Me too eh, I got one from him and haven't heard back.
Guys, I got your emails, but have had an extremely heavy work schedule so couldn't reply. Things are back to normal now, so I'll be getting back to you today...

Sorry about that! :cry:

Reaction score
Both of my games with Antoni are about half way through. In the assault/defend, I didn't see any of his troops until about turn 10.

In our ME, he surprised me with a Tiger. According to my intelligence sources, the Tiger is Crack. (Maybe all infantry think Tiger crews are crack.) Anyway, he calls the crew Crap. Point blank range, it couldn't hit my Sherman, or HT.

"Do you think he sees us?"

This is from about 60 yards, or so.

The Sherman chipped some paint, got a gun hit and a track hit, but didn't do any damage. Two Bazookas emptied all their rounds, and only got ricochets. We'll see what my 81MM barrage can do. I immobilized Numberz once doing it. Maybe again.

In my game against Don (Letters=Stndrtnfhr) I still haven't seen any of his troops, in our assault/defend. We just finished turn 8.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Iron Mike USMC where have you been with our game? Did you recieve the last files?:nuts:

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okmaw attacking Bertram: Turn 24 of 22, things were looking pretty good until JB moved his Stugs up on my left, just out of sight of my T-34/85, the pair of Stugs turned and came into view, I got off two shots, missing badly then died. He also took out my nearby AT gun. He'll undoubtably try to roll me up before time runs out.

Bertram attacking JoeBob: Turn 14 of 22, Just getting into an exchange of fire (can't say too much at this point). He's defending with the Russians and has an IS2 ducking in and out. He had an armored car on my left but it was dispatched with a potato masher!

Last edited:

Stndrtnfhr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From what I see in my three games, the assault battle is a right off. My opponent will probably not come close to taking my flags and it appears that my assault will fail too. 22+ turns is not enough to get the job done on a medium map, at least from my perspective.

Stndrtnfhr Out!

Reaction score
Country
llJapan
From what I see in my three games, the assault battle is a right off. My opponent will probably not come close to taking my flags and it appears that my assault will fail too. 22+ turns is not enough to get the job done on a medium map, at least from my perspective.
Yeah, in my experience of assault/attack games, 30+ turns is about optimum in terms of giving both sides a chance. 22+ is way too low. It'll be interesting to see how many attackers win in this tourney - very few, I would guess.

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
JoeBob attacking Bertram: Turn 24 of 22, things were looking pretty good until JB moved his Stugs up on my left, just out of sight of my T-34/85, the pair of Stugs turned and came into view, I got off two shots, missing badly then died. He also took out my nearby AT gun. He'll undoubtably try to roll me up before time runs out.

Bertram attacking Okimaw: Turn 14 of 22, Just getting into an exchange of fire (can't say too much at this point). He's defending with the Russians and has an IS2 ducking in and out. He had an armored car on my left but it was dispatched with a potato masher!
Hey Bert, I think you got your games mixed up, I'm the one rolling up on you :laugh:

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okimaw ran his two Stugs up and turned a major flag UNDECIDED and pulled off a draw BUT did gain more points than I, 54% to 46%.

Great job Roger, that's a tough assignment in 20 turns.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Remember gentlemen that I need total points and not the % to input....please ao send me the last page and password.

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Has anyone heard from Taktik? :hmmm: It was two weeks ago that I last got a file from him. I sent him a reminder yesterday....

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Has anyone heard from Taktik? :hmmm: It was two weeks ago that I last got a file from him. I sent him a reminder yesterday....
I have a non tourny game going with him. He let me know that he's really overloaded right now and the turns will be slow for a while, he didn't specify how long that would be though.