Master of the Snow Tournament

Taktik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Andy - I'd sent you an email as well, I will send again with explicit "CM" written as subject :)

Joebob - I will send you a file today sometime!

Best,
Craig

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How about an email address JoeB?:)

You're the Russian's on defense, get those SMG's ready!
heh, heh, Russian infantry defending? German bodies will be stacking up so high, you'll end up using them like sandbags! (at least until my green troops panic and run, and get shot in the back...) :cry:

my e-mail address is spkilmer@comcast.net, going to have to see why it is no longer listed in my user cp. Also, i'm having a weird issue with my e-mail (outlook 2003). i'm only receiving messages, i can't seem to send any out. power cycled both my network router and my cable modem to no effect. e-mail settings are fine, could be an issue with my ISP. hope to get it sorted out quickly...

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Joebob - I will send you a file today sometime!

Best,
Craig

just tried to respond to your e-mail, Taktik, but i am having e-mail issues, so go ahead and just send me the file (i can at least receive messages at this point), and we can get started.

Taktik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bob, that sounds like a similar problem I had. I could send but not receive.

The gist of the problem was that the service providers went about trying to reduce the spam that comes through. Thier method was to block a port that most spam used. Problem was that this port was used for sending messages. Smart of them.

I called comcast and they were completely useless, finally directing me to take my case to microsoft. Comcast wasn't smart enough or didn't care enough to tell people to change the port for outgoing mail. Whether they informed their CSRs or told them to not say anything abou it, who can say.

I finally did a google search with keywords to the effect of can't send but can receive and found some useful hits.

I changed my port to 587. See if that helps. It was the cure for me.

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bob, that sounds like a similar problem I had. I could send but not receive.

The gist of the problem was that the service providers went about trying to reduce the spam that comes through. Thier method was to block a port that most spam used. Problem was that this port was used for sending messages. Smart of them.

I called comcast and they were completely useless, finally directing me to take my case to microsoft. Comcast wasn't smart enough or didn't care enough to tell people to change the port for outgoing mail. Whether they informed their CSRs or told them to not say anything abou it, who can say.

I finally did a google search with keywords to the effect of can't send but can receive and found some useful hits.

I changed my port to 587. See if that helps. It was the cure for me.
ya turns out comcast sent me an email over the weekend, but it went to my junkmail folder. anyway apparently while i was off with a buddy gambling, drinking, and ogling women in Reno for a guys weekend, my wife opens some junkmail and wammo... that's what i get for having fun heh :drink:

anyway for all you comcast people, just follow the link embedded in the e-mail which takes u to the comcast website, and you will end up changing your outgoing port to 587, and you will check the box indicating you will authenticate future e-mails.

don't know if Thunderbird is better than Outlook 2003, but might be worth checking out per Taktik. i would have to be able to export my address book tho

ok, so now to my moves from Taktik and Bertram! :stirthepot:

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
These guys keep "losing" my emails, coincidence? Or do they know that I'm right at home in -40 and rightfully fear this? :devious:

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just make sure you zip the files. Attached txt files seem to stop the emails dead in their tracks at times. I got file #2 again but I had already sent you #3. I sent it again today.

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just make sure you zip the files. Attached txt files seem to stop the emails dead in their tracks at times. I got file #2 again but I had already sent you #3. I sent it again today.
Today was the first time I recieved your #3 and I'll make sure to zip #4 back to you. BTW how come all the yellow snow on your side of the map? :clown:

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
anybody heard from Stndrtnfhr? we need to get battle #2 going, looks like i'm the attacker on that one...

both games with Bertram and Taktik are off to a good start, our setup moves are complete, and now are "devious" plans will unfold. That's propaganda for i'm not sure what the heck i am doing. :hmmm:

Mr Numberz, could you have made it snow a little harder? It's nice actually, as soon as my tanks stop, they are covered in a blanket of camo snow..

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Mr Numberz, could you have made it snow a little harder? It's nice actually, as soon as my tanks stop, they are covered in a blanket of camo snow..
Yeah really, if the weather here in Winnipeg was only as nice as it was in my games I'd be out and about doing something besides playing 8 CM games simultaneously :freak: